Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Want your opinion on tree stand design!

Old 10-25-2003, 08:26 AM

Default Want your opinion on tree stand design!

We have 2 designs of ladder tree stands we use. one has the seat close to the tree and the deer do not pick us out as fast, but they are harder to come to full draw and do not give us as many shot opportunities. The other design the seat is not as close to the tree and the deer seem to spot us more but they are easier to draw in and give us a few more shot opportunities. My question is which would be better, be seen and move less or not be seen and move more? Thanks for any replies and if you ask for any info and I don' t respond promptly, It is hunting season after all!
Old 10-25-2003, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Want your opinion on tree stand design!

I would rather not be seen. You could probably set the stand up so you have to look over your shoulder at the deer, haveing them come at your back. You wouldn' t have to move at all to shoot, but wouldn' t see them until they were right on you. ??
Old 10-26-2003, 01:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2003, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Want your opinion on tree stand design!

Whats wrong with making the platform of your stand bigger so you can get farther away from the tree? That way you can lean against the tree to stay hidden and step out farther on to the platform to get a better shot.