Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lost my huntin land

Old 10-24-2003, 08:28 PM

Default lost my huntin land

hey everyone, i just wanted to cry on some shoulders tonight[:' (].i' m sad and angry[:@][:' (]i' ve been hunting with my best friend(ex)for twenty years.we' ve been through more crap together than you could imagine.his family deserted him when he 18(religeous reasons).i met him when i was 23 and he was 26and we were inseprable.hunted and fished,played ball together you name it, we did it.my family adopted him,he spent every holiday with us birthdays, mothersday, fathersday everything.i helped through his divorce he helped through mine.his grandfather died a few years ago and that was really tough on both of us.well last year his cousin moved into the house on the farm.(so.ark.)we hunted last year like normal.i killed a big 8pt.we would sit around and tell stories about the last 20 years with his grandpa and the farm and the woods.well the first week of sept.my ex best calls me and tlees me i' m no longer welcome.his cousin doesn' t like me and says that i acted like a family member not like a guest.then told i had noone to blame but myself.then he cussed me out when i said i wanted my stands and various other items back(tv,sleepinbags,gambrels,etc.).never once did i raise my voice or show i was angry.i was apologetic and remorseful he only got madderand never did really explain what i did wrong.he just told me if he heard me sayin anything about him or his family he' d really be pi$$ed at me.(he hated his cousin).since i' ve been huntin there i' ve killed bucks between 120 and 150 every year.well to make a long story short,i have' nt heard from him in 2 months.now i' ve got nowhere to hunt.it sucks being me.[:' (]thanks for letting me rant and cry. i really appreciate it.keep up the good stories and pics.you all are keepin me sane and alive.can some one tell me how to put in a signature????thanks, billy
Old 10-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: lost my huntin land

Man I am at a loss for words. Sounds like a real a$$ to me. Good luck finding a new spot to hunt.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:46 PM

that just plain old suxs , to put a signature in send your self a pm (you have to go thru your email to get the pm(at least i do) the at the profile page you will see a place for the signature fill in what you want and hit apply , good luck.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:50 PM

thanks.i' m still kinda shocked[]!!i' ve got a nephew in albany,ga.he' s not much of a hunter,but he' s lookin for me.now for this signature thing???[:-]
Old 10-24-2003, 08:54 PM

thanks xi, i' ll try it.just want to say thanks for letting me dump, cuz i really have' nt really to my wife about it.i just don' t want to bother her with this kinda stuff.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is how to fix your sig I got it from HNTNGIRL' s post.

The profile page is kinda screwed up for some reason! Normally, to get there, you would just click on " my profile" at the top of any page. For some reason, that doesn' t work anymore---you just end up at the page you registered with to join the site. Here' s how I got my profile page back....send yourself a private message. You can send yourself a message by clicking on the talk-bubble above your name in your post right above this one. If you chose the option of having PMs emailed, check your e-mail and click on the link at the bottom of that e-mail. That should take you to your profile page. Stick it in your favorites so you can keep it available for future use. You' ll want to rename it when you stick it in favorites. Otherwise, it will have the same name as this site. Then from that page, you should be able to get a avatar, create a signature, make changes to your profile, and check your private messages. Hope this helps until they get it fixed!

Old 10-24-2003, 09:40 PM

THANKS BUCKEYE, IT WORKED!!!!![8D]NOW IF I CAN FIND A PLACE TO BOWHUNT DEER.I HUNT HOGS ON A FRIENDS RANCH IN SO.CENTRAL FLA. THEY FELT SORRY FOR ME AND LET ME SHOOT A DOE. FIRST DEER WITH A BOW IN 5 YEARS.MAN WHAT AN INCREDIBLE EXPIRIENCE. DOUBLE LUNG BROADSIDE AT 31YARDS.I' VE BEEN SHOOTING HOGS WITH A BOW FOR ABOUT TEN YEARS NOW,BUT THE DEER WAS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST.ANYWAY THANKS YA' LL ARE THE BEST
Old 10-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear how things have worked out. I hope things start to look up for you.

Just an off the wall thought but would you consider contacting your friend(ex) ? It' s been a couple months. He' s had time to cool down. Maybe cooler heads will prevail ?

Old 10-24-2003, 11:47 PM

yo fx,

sounds as though its not the real him talking. and ill tell you what, i have a best frind for over 25 years, im 31 now. we have been through thick and thin toghether, in fact, i once aided and abeted him, long story. he helped me carry my fathers casket, i was his best man in his wedding and am his childs god father (im not even catholic), in littel leauge we both pitched a no hitter game that lasted 22 innings, i started the game, he came in the next 9 innings and the the next day another guy pithced 4 innings and lost the game, no big deal. anywho, a hunting spot would be the last hing i wuold be worried about. you know this guy better than anyone else, talk to him and make good on your friendship. then worry about a place to hunt.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:28 AM

JEREMYK AND AKAEASTWOOD,THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.I TRIED CALLING HIM THURSDAY, LEFT A MESSAGE NO CALL BACK.I EMAILED HIM TWICE AND HIS WIFE(OF 3YRS) EMAILED ME BACK AND SAID DON' T SEND ANYMORE.OH WELL,I TRIED.IT' S KINDA FUNNY ,WE' VE BAILED EACH OTHER OUT OF JAIL, LIVED TOGETHER FOR AWHILE,I EVEN GOT HIM GOIN BACK TO CHURCH.I GUESS IT' S TIME FOR A CHANGE. SAD THING IS,MY PARENTS WHO TOOK HIM IN(72&69YO)ARE REALLY HURT ALONG WITH THE REST OF MY FAMILY[:' (].TIME TO MOVE ON MOVE UP,I' M THRU CRYIN ABOUT IT.THANKS FOR LETTIN ME PI$$ & MOAN[:@][:' (][:@]I FEEL BETTER ALREADY[:-]OH YEAH, MY SON SHOT HIS FIRST DEER THERE WHEN HE WAS TEN AND MY DAUGHTER SHOT HERS WHEN SHE WAS TWELVENO MORE 18HR DRIVES IN MY PICKUP.HE HAD A JEEP,SO WE TOOK MY EXTENDED CAB Z71 FOR TEN YEARS.GOOD LUCK HUNTIN EVERYONE.I LOVE THIS PLACE[8D]THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTIN ME DUMP[:' (]I' LL GET OVER IT THE,WOUND IS STILL OPEN,THAT' S ALL.

Quick Reply: lost my huntin land

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.