Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

Old 10-24-2003, 07:51 AM

Default RE: proper way to handle trespassers, it sucks!

Bad deall all around. I agree with wvvet. Call the warden.

Old 10-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

one of my buddies here went out to sit in his stand one evening and found someone else sitting in his stand. He asked the hunter to get down because it was his stand. The hunter refused to move saying this is public land and i have every right to be here. no progress was being made so my buddy walked back to his truck and got his axe. went back to the tree the hunter was in and the 3rd or fourth swing of the axe the hunter climbed down and left. a little extreme but it got the job done.
Thanks for a good laugh[&:][&:]
Old 10-24-2003, 08:52 AM

We were hunting Sat evening and about 6:00pm a shot rang out and small doe came rolling down the hill in front of my hunting buddy. Blk powder in KY this weekend. The deer was about 75 yds from my hunting buddy so he climbed down to see where the shot came from, as he was looking 2 guys on 4 wheelers came over the hill like bats out of !@#$% after the deer. My buddy had ended up close to where he parked so he jumped in his 4 runner and took off after them he chased them as far as he could but they got away through the woods. We talked to the landowner and described the guys, he said he had a good idea who it was and he would take care of them, had this evil smile when he said that too.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:34 AM

punji sticks at the bottom of your stand. You' ll know to step over, he wont. Then follow the blood trail to the emergency room and beat his arse.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:59 PM

I have never had anyone in my stand, but I have watched tresspassers try to sneak into the woods, thinking they were getting away with something, I watched them take a seat behind a dead fall, and did my mountain lion call, with a super high pitch, you wanna talk about someone getting the heck out of Dodge, that was so funny to watch, try scaring tresspassers that way

Dr. Mike
Old 10-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

doubt any nyers know the sound of a mountain like call! my best friend is dec game warden but is only here 2 days a week!
Old 10-24-2003, 08:36 PM

like good old uncle fester used to say : lets shoot him in the back! this is another reason why i have a climbing stand , so i won' t leave my stand for someone else to hunt in! beside the fact that you have your land posted , some people have the nerve to hunt where ever they please this is why somw land owner don' t let anyone hunt on their land . if you can catch him have him fined or arrested trespassing is against the law!