Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would u do?? BEAR....

Old 10-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would u do?? BEAR....

Anytime I' ve going into a location that could house a bear I' ve taken my pistol. That' s the safe way.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:59 PM

I guess I' m gonna have to from now on, just never thought about them much before this year..... no bears in 20 years, and now 2 in one season, like I said, definately gonna get a bear tag next year.[:-]
Old 10-23-2003, 06:04 PM

bear coming at me at short notice my 14 inch bowie will be out ready to stab the bear.

but i don' t think i will need it around hear in middle tennessee. but we have had black bears adventure away from the smoky mt. from the east of us . carry my bowie just in case.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:13 PM

bear coming at me at short notice my 14 inch bowie will be out ready to stab the bear
hmm...might as well might as well just shoot em with your super soaker 5000. that would be as effective as your bowie knife.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

NHDEMON, fill us in if you get to talk to a CO about the legalities of it. I' d be interested to see if they care more about you or what the bear has for dinner.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:46 PM

aka eastwood super soaker 5000 nice one,i think water will not stop a black bear from attacking.
aka eastwood...... .. ...... . very funny character
go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:47 PM

I' ll let you know as soon as I find out, I can' t imagine the situation hasn' t come up before. It will probably depend on who we talk to, I' ll see if I can get a couple of opinions.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:33 PM

Alrighty then, went down to the local fish and game and told the story to the nice lady, I was hoping to get more than one opinion, but this is what she said...
First fire a warning shot, then, if you still feel threatened, and the bear hasn' t run away, it is ok to shoot it, of course at this time I reminded her I was hunting with bow only, so there wasn' t gonna be a warning shot. Then I asked what to do afterward, she said to leave it there and call the fish and game department immediately and explain the situation. Guess I' ll be carrying a pistol very soon on all my bowhunts.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:55 PM
nub

I think he would have got the full 82 ft lbs of KE from me.[]
Old 10-25-2003, 12:36 AM

I' ve had some black bear experience in northern WI. They tend to get me out of my stand earlier in the evening if I see them. I also am ' very' loud' walking back to camp. Noise is good.

Quick Reply: What would u do?? BEAR....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.