Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my first chance this year...

Old 10-22-2003, 08:54 PM

Default my first chance this year...

My fisrt chance and i blew it. It all started when i got home from school and we rushed to get out. When we got to the spot we crossed the fence in a pasture then checked the field for deer where we were hunting...nothing...so we just mozied on up to set the blind up but when my dad looked up again he saw a buck bedded down (6point basket rack)So it jumped up and ran off into the woods. As time passed it got later soo it gave a better chance to see deer. Then my dad was talking about the buck we saw. Then out of no where 2 doe come out and they were close. So he grunted at them and they were real curious so they came right in. So I got ready for the shot and my said he was 30 so i waited. Then 20...so i pulled back and put the pin on her...........i shot..........threw the tent,hit bush[:@] It messed my shot up big time. So i got disgusted...but they ran 30 yards and stopped. So my dad grunts to them again and they mozied back in like nothing happened. So i waited and my said 20...he was looking at a closer one to the left more...so i put my 20 yard pin on the deer i saw (that was really 30) and missed low...of course...[>:] So they ran to 70 yards and stopped so my dad grunted but they slowly grazed into woods. Then he tried " the can" ...he said they jumped, looked and ran. I dont know why! There goes 2 carbons and 2 muzzys. Well that was my only chance at deer this year....SOO FAR............
Old 10-22-2003, 10:01 PM

Default RE: my first chance this year...

dont work i still havnt kill one yet w/ my bow so its all good were still here anit no reason to get disqcused i shot right over one at 40 shoulda been in the kill zone but right over the back but oh well
Old 10-22-2003, 10:02 PM

Default RE: my first chance this year...

worry** my badd