Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where to bow hunt in western PA?

Old 10-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where to bow hunt in western PA?

I am looking for some where to bow hunt in western PA. I am from trumbull county in Ohio. I know of a shenago public hunting about 45 minutes from my house. Is there any where else over there? Thanks!!
Old 10-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where to bow hunt in western PA?

If your looking for public land, follow this link.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/land/maps/northwest.asp

It gives you close up maps of the land itself. It may take a bit more research to find the exact location of the lands. I personally hunt private lands here in PA. Hope this helps you some.

or you can do it by county. This one' s pretty neat

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/counties/index.asp

-just click on the county and it will give you the general area that the game lands is located, click on the game land number and it' ll pull up the map.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

What do you know of Lawrence county? It will not let me see any of the game lands in that county for some reason. The others seem to be working though.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:22 PM

I can' t answer to Lawrence county but I can tell you that not all state game lands have been loaded onto their website yet. I think the website is new as of this summer and they are still working on getting some information on there.

I can tell you to avoid the state game lands in the northern section of allegheny county though.

Here is another forum that is mostly PA hunters. Maybe you can get some help there. Most guys won' t post their hunting spots online but they may send you a PM or email.

www.huntingpa.com

good luck
Old 10-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, they must still be working on the site I can' t really find anything over this way when I click the link on the site is just says page cannot be displayed.[:@] Does any one else have any suggestions? I just got home from PA I went and bought my PA license and an archery stamp. Looking forward to getting started over there. Thanks!!