Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well, ordered my Stealth Cam today

Old 10-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Well, ordered my Stealth Cam today

I saw Cabelas had them on sale for $69.99 and I was already ordering a few other things so I figured why not? Should be here in a couple days and we' ll see how it works.

My old man has 2 Game Trakker (I think) cameras that he paid like $400 apiece for almost 3 years ago that seem to be working pretty good so far. Thing is, he only likes to put them up near where HE hunts.

I know a lot of the guys on here have Stealth Cams and I' ve seen a few decent pictures out of them. Does anyone have any complaints about they way they work? And bad experiences? Or am I just getting what I pay for and shouldn' t expect too much?

Thanks for any input you might have.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:34 PM

Default RE: Well, ordered my Stealth Cam today

Check to make sure it is taking pictures after you set it up. The first time I put my stealth cam out it tested O.K. (the light blinked and there was no E on the display) but a week later it had registered 12 events with no pictures taken.

So, after you set it up make it take a couple of pictures of you and listen for the film to advance.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:16 PM

I got my Stealth Cam Friday, got my first roll of film developed yesterday. I am very happy with it.. Lots of light from the flash. The unit is about 15 yards from my living room window where the deer eat from my critter feeder. There are 2 large 8 pts coming, but I didn' t capture them yet. My husband was heisitant about this purchase until he seen the pictures. The first picture is of a 6 pt that we have not seen before.. Guess who is carrying the pictures around showing everyone.. that' s right not me..

I set my first roll of film to go thru quickly so I could check my settings and because I am impatient. I changed second roll of film to show time instead of date.. I am more interested to see time pattern when they are here.

My camera is about 4 1/2 ft off the ground. It is very easy to set up.
There were 3 pictures taken with no animals in view. All the rest came out good.
Here are 2 pictures.

I have read pros and cons on this cheaper model.. but so far I am very happy with the pictures I got, I hope you are as happy with yours.
Gander Mountain has in-store special for $64.99

The pictures didn' t scan as well as they deveoped.

The little guy on the right is a button buck..

Old 10-20-2003, 01:18 PM

more

Old 10-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lady Bow Hunter

Gander Mountain has in-store special for $64.99
Dick' s Sporting Goods has them at the same price. I thought about picking one up but I had to pass for now. Too many other things already in my cart.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:44 PM

The day after I purchased my cam from Gander Mountain, I received my score card check from Dick' s Sporting Goods, darn, I could of gotten it for $54.98
Old 10-20-2003, 08:53 PM

Check out this game camera pic contest. The huge bucks are awesome and the bears too.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/...howtopic=48260
Old 10-21-2003, 07:47 AM

i have 2 different game cameras and the stealth cam is one of them. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $69. I am totally satisfied with it. It does it' s job well.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:08 AM

My only complaint is that the sensor seems to have a wider field of view than the camera lens. I fixed this by covering the edges of the sensor with black electrical tape, and it' s completely eliminated the empty pics.