Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with field points

Old 10-19-2003, 06:46 PM

Default Hunting with field points

We have 3 guys in our hunting club that hunt with field points and not broad heads. I don' t like this and do not condone it. However, all 3 of them have taken nice bucks this archery season using just field points.

I need pros and cons here. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting with field points

I never heard of anything so ridiculus and unethical. It is also against the law in most states.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Its illegal here in NJ...Quote from NJ hunting Digest...." All arrows used for hunting deer, turkey, coyote, or woodchuck must be fitted with a well-sharpened metal head with a minimum width of 3/4 inches." I would check your local digest to see if thats legal in your area. That dosent seem too ethical to me.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:58 PM

man: they are either incredibly good or incredibly lucky. i know in delaware there is a minimum broadhead width. its going to be hard to change their minds now that they have killed with a field point. i beleive they need to read some post on this site about being an ethical hunter and making a clean and humane kill.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:18 PM

I' m no expert, but unless they' ve got REALLY powerful bows and are guaranteed to hit the heart, it seems like the deer would walk away with an arrow sticking out of it, just to day a couple days later. Just my thoughts.

-Spike Buck
Old 10-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

As far as I know it' s illegal everyway to use a field tip. It is in AR.

How many deer have these idoits shot and never recovered?

I don' t care if they killed some this year, they need to be reported to the authorities![:@]
Old 10-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

5 String,
If you' re not ' Trolling' here and you are serious , this is one of the most idiotic things I' ve ever heard of. What is their reasoning behind using a field point? It certainly can' t be accuracy, because there are a ton of broadheads that will give field point accuracy.
The only thing that is keeping me from deleting this topic altogether is that I want more information........
If you don' t condone it, you obviously know the reasons why you don' t so speak up to these guys.

There are no " Pros" only Cons.......big fat cons, so if this is true take it upon yourself to knock some sense into these clowns, and if its illegal in your state (And I can' t imagine a state where it IS legal to hunt big game with filed points) report them to the Fish and Game or whatever you guys have down there.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amen MAtt,fully agree!!![:@]
Old 10-19-2003, 09:25 PM

There are no " pros" here.

Tell them to stick to 3D shootings!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 09:39 PM

Matt,

I' m with you man. This one is a crock. I would defy anyone to show a state reg in any state that says field points are legal.

It sounds like a surfer.

Sooner

Quick Reply: Hunting with field points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.