Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with field points

Old 10-19-2003, 11:20 PM

Default RE: Hunting with field points

If its illegal in arkansas, you can bet it is illegal anywhere, or should be....
Old 10-20-2003, 01:00 AM

Matt / PA:

Regardless of the outcome of what I have to say, which I am obviously and specifically directing at you, it has to be said. However, before you jump too quick, realize that you are not officially moderating (enforcing a rule). You have involved yourself in the discussion and have submitted your chastisements with a little " weight flinging" of what you could do as a " moderator."

Increasingly, you are throwing your (moderator) weight around to the point that your involvement and quasi-threatening admonishments are appearing to be prejudice guided and having a propensity of personally controlling what topics can be discussed, what can be said, and how something is said, rather than (just) moderating, and moderating strictly by the guidelines in an unbiased manner and within the precise scope of what HuntngNet.Com actually requires.

Being you have not determined that " 5 String" is trolling, in accordance with what forum posting rule(s) did you conclude that you should delete the entire topic (thread)? Rule 4 and 6? If so, then many other past threads should have been deleted but were not, and some are still available to read until they are deleted because they have maxed the time in file date. That fact makes the enforcement of said rules to be inconsistent.

If you initially determined that under the guidelines as set out by HuntingNet.Com this thread violated certain forum rules and should be deleted, you were required to delete the thread. Being you did not and have held it open so that you could seek information and give your opinion in the matter,

The only thing that is keeping me from deleting this topic altogether is that I want more information........
tends to indicate that you moderate according to your personal likes and dislikes and not in full and consistent accordance with the guidelines. If HuntingNet condones supports your style, an offical should publicily state that HuntingNet does. Therefore, all readers (visitors) would know that regardless of what a moderator says and does, the reader has only one of two choices if he or she does not believe that a moderator is being professional, fair, and neutral; like it or leave it.

Before you insinuated that " 5 String" could be guilty of " trolling" by saying to him, " If you are not trolling and you are serious…" Did you take the time to go the link in his profile and read his bio? By his background and personal appearance and by the pictures of his family and friends, does he strike you that he would be a person that would troll on any forum? Not me...at least not with better evidence.

" 5 String" made it very clear that he did not hunt deer with fieldpoints, he advised that he knew of others that were. Regardless of his asking for the " Pros and Cons," I doubt he meant that he actually wanted to hear how many bow hunters are for or against the use of fieldpoints.

The fact that he said he was bothered by what he knew, I took his statement and questions to mean that he would like to do something about it. However, he is caught in between a rock and a hard place because the offenders are associates or close friends, and (possibly) he is not positive about what the majority of bowhunters feel about what he has revealed.

It is one thing for him to know what is coming down the pike if he were to bring fire upon associates and friends. It would be worse to find out later that the majority of bowhunters were not in his corner. You might say that he should know without asking. I say that he probably does. However, when a person is faced with such a decision, it is natural that they seek reconfirmation of what they already know.

It is easy to tell a person what he or she should do in such matters and then condemn them if they do not. I wonder how many of the same people would also find it easy to do if they were in " 5 Track' s" shoes.

PS:

Virginia regulations regarding broadheads to be used for hunting deer.

While hunting deer with bow and arrow the following restrictions apply:
 Arrowhead widths must be at least 7/8-inch wide or expand upon impact to 7/8-inch.
 Bows must be capable of propelling a broadhead arrow at least 125 yards.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Rule no. 4: No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on hunting, archery or firearms. Anti-hunting and other posts indicating a stance against the hunting, archery and firearm industry will be removed.

Rule no. 6:Please do not post anything that could be used by " anti-hunting" groups to support their cause. Remember, it is easy to take comments out of context. Keep this in mind as you post, since anti-hunting groups may visit this site in search of ammunition for their cause.

C903, read the above Hunting.net rules.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

5 String,

This comes directly out of our Commomwealth of VA regulations:

While hunting deer with bow and arrow the following restrictions apply:

Arrowhead widths must be at least 7/8-inch wide or expand upon impact to 7/8-inch.
Bows must be capable of propelling a broadhead arrow at least 125 yards.

Nothing else needs to be said. The only thing left to do is report them.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Dominant Buck

THis has to be a put on. No way is this a viable story. 3 idiots in the same club. I don' t believe a word of it.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would turn them in. No questions asked. Especially if it can be proven. That' s just wrong and there is NO valid reason for hunting with field points.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:13 AM

I realize that hunting with field points is unethical as well as illegal. I know what the law is in Virginia concerning the use of broadheads during archery season.

These 3 members (ages 16-20) have been advised by myself and other club members that what they are doing is illegal and that if we catch them they will be be turned in to the authorities as well as being removed as members of our hunting club.

If the moderator wants to delete my post, by all means do so. I also do not want to give the bunny huggers any fuel for their fire.

I was just asking for honest opinions, not " trolling" as was suggested. Sorry to have ruffled some feathers.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:20 AM

Kick them out!!!!!!!

I would in a heart beat
Old 10-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

A field point through both lungs will kill the deer and get like penetration as a broadhead. The studliness of today' s broadheads is overrated. Broadheads with more cutting radius opens up more veins, makes a bigger hole and will do the job faster, which is of course, the most ethical manner of harvest. Personally I would never do it and would kick the youngsters arses if I saw them do it.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 idiots in the same club.
That about sums it up. They wouldn' t be hunting in my club.

Quick Reply: Hunting with field points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.