Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon suits and scent wafers???

Old 10-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carbon suits and scent wafers???

I saw the post a couple days ago that said carbon suits absorb the scent of scent wafers, thus making the suits less effective. I' ve got a Supprescent jacket and pants that I plan to wear under my coveralls when the weather finally cools down. I currently store my coveralls in a tub with Earth scent wafers. Will my carbon suit absorb the scent from my coveralls too? If understand how the carbon works, it will only absorb odors from the inside of the jacket/pants, but I just want to make sure. Thanks in advance guys!!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Carbon suits and scent wafers???

Wish that I was an expert but I' m not, so here' s my $.02 worth. I wouldn' t store the 2 together. In other words, allow the carbon clothes to remain scent free untill you put them on. I see no advantage in even possibly loading carbon clothes up with scent. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:59 AM

Default RE: Carbon suits and scent wafers???

Yep, store them in different containers. And yep, they are going to absorb any odors from your coveralls when you wear them together. However, they are also going to absorb your odors when you wear them. I wouldn' t worry about it. You make sure you keep your carbon suit as clean as you can. You just might have to recharge it more often.