Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Days Events, 10-16-03, Saw my shooter tonight.

Old 10-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Days Events, 10-16-03, Saw my shooter tonight.

Anyone remember the " Days Events" Thread.

We' ll tonight I saw him....the one that I' ll be exclusive for unless another big boy shows himself. On Tuesday I hung a stand in an oak tree I' ve been watching grow for years. It sits on the edge of a bedding area and has always been too small to hang a stand in plus other obstacles. Well this year I purchased some climbing sticks and I thought what a perfect opp to hang a stand in said tree. It stands in the middle of two golden rod fields next to bean fields this year, usually corn.

I was barely done when I see some doe coming down the path through the golden rods...they pass unharmed well inside my shooting range when I noticed two more deer coming down the same trail...2 medium bucks pass by at 25 yards, then a short time later a third buck......I' m happy with my setup.

I left it alone last night and slid in tonight after work. I was still pulling my bow up when I noticed the doe coming down the field again....okay good start.....time passed slow when I noticed a red fox sneeking in....I pass him at 20 yards...expensive arrows plus no fur bearers license this year.....

A short time later I' m glassing the golden rod field....(binos are important archery tools.) when I notice antlers sticking up....then the deer materialized...he' s at least 20 inches and an 8 to 10 point. He' s high but his tines are not extremely long but he' s a heck of a buck...with his head down facing away, his antlers are wider than his body....Now, he' s the one I' m after with 4 weeks remaining....wish me luck so I can show him to ya' s....Oh, and it was the first night I wore the Cardeer necklace in a while........ya never know.

Old 10-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Days Events, 10-16-03, Saw my shooter tonight.

There is no better motivation than seeing the BIG ONE!

Good luck to ya!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:38 PM

GOOD LUCK ROB!!!

HOPE YOU GET THAT BIG BOY!!!
Does sound like you got a pretty good setup there....

p.s you said you only have 4 weeks left? How long is your season?
here in illinois our bow season is OCT1ST-JAN15TH...
Old 10-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bet that got your blood pumping, good luck on sticking the big boy
Old 10-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck Rob, hope ya get him! I am about 3-4 weeks away from being able to hunt again.........man I am envying you guys!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get back out there and open up a whole bowcase full of whoop a$$ on him.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you' re in a perfect spot to get him. Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope to hear a success story soon, Rob ! Sounds like a very nice buck for PA.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bowfanatic, Your right, I' m motivated....

HNTN yeah, this is my honey hole....all three of the bucks I have on my wall feel within a hundred yards from this tree...my best tree is on the other side of the hedge row I hung this stand in....that' s what I call a morning stand, this will be my evening...our season is two weeks over and 4 weeks to go, a six week seaosn.

Treedog the heart started racing, I' ll post the picture....when...

Cougar Mag Come on up, I' ll put in a tree....

Todd, I' ll be out there after work, I' ll carry the can ready to open if the opp presents itself....thanks

DaveH Congrat' s on your buck, I like the spot, he couldn' t hear me call last night because of wind, he was on the right trail, the little one pulled him off...story of my life...lol

Jeremy yeah, he' s a dandy for any state, for PA, looks like passing little ones over the years pays off, obviously....I' ll post the pic....soon I hope..lol
Old 10-17-2003, 10:59 AM

hey good luck, Hope you get him , I have not seen a really big one all year

Quick Reply: Days Events, 10-16-03, Saw my shooter tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.