Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Have Decided On ASAT But.....

Old 10-15-2003, 02:09 PM

Default I Have Decided On ASAT But.....

What do I buy? I went to their website and was looking at the pics of all the hunters with their trophies. It seemed as though 80% were not wearing the Leafy Suit. They were just wearing the pants and jacket. Is this leafy suit to hot for for early fall hunting. I can only afford one outfit and I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks for the help!!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:13 PM

Default RE: I Have Decided On ASAT But.....

I just ordered the 3D suit about 1 month ago. So far it has worked great, just do a search for my ASAT field report from a few days ago. The material for the 3D suit is like netting, so it is very comfortable for early bow season. You can wear shorts and a T shirt under it and be fine. Also, they are roomy enough to fit over you overalls once winter gets here. Good luck, and I promise you won' t be disappointed with ASAT.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, another ASAT thread. Don' t know how much longer I can hold off buying some.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:34 PM

Thanks Belle, but if you get a size that you can wear shorts and a shirt under wouldnt it be pretty baggy. I am just wondering about this size as well. If I order a Medium anticipating layering later for winter and I am wearing shorts and a shirt early fall, I dont want the thing hanging off of me. Did that make sense??..lol
Old 10-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great question, BigNastyD. I was wondering the same thing. Being a big guy I would have probably ordered a XL or 2XL to be able to add some light layering underneath. But if I wanted to put it overtop of my winter clothes I wonder if I should go bigger ?
Old 10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are cut big but not tooooooo big that you are going to be tripping over it and the squirrels won' t be making fun of you.

I am 6' 3" 240lbs and I have the 2XL 3D suit........I would feel totally comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt all the way up to the heaviest of winter clothes to layer underneath.
I can tell you right now that suit isn' t meant to be form fitting and its not gonna flatter your butt at all.
Its just plain functional........since you can wear it over EVERYTHINg it is the ultimate All season garment.

I would (and am glad I did) go with the Leafy 3D suit. wear it if its 85 degrees or 5 degrees. Plus it breaks up your outline like nothing I' ve ever seen.

When i was hunting with Rob last week i was watching him sneak back to my stand site at the end of the morning' s hunt and he had his face mask off.......he just looked like a floating head coming through the brush. The rest of the suit just sort of looked like holes in the brush etc. When he stopped his outline was GONE. Really cool and you just have to see it in action to believe it.
I have an expensive Advantage Timber 3D leafy suit in my closet just gathering dust right now.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:58 PM

JeramyK, Order the size you normally wear. Im 6' 240lbs and ordered an XL the top fits fine with just a sweatshirt or a parker on. The pants seem a little big with no coveralls on but fit ok. the inseam on the pants is a little longer than i like usally i get a 31" inseam but the pants i have to wear up by my bellybutton, but not a big deal. Hope this helps. The only thing i didnt care for was zipper on the legs, i wish it went all the way up to the knee cap.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info guys. I' m thinking a 2XL should work for me. Now I just need to get the wife' s final approval.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:19 PM

All I know I recieved mine last week. Took it to the woods by the archery club and was on the ground next to some low lying braches from some trees. First I wore the suit and asked my dad his opinion then he put it on so I could see. At 30 yds it did everything Aussi-guy and Matt/PA said. Broken up outline. No dark blob out. The leaves are in prime colors here in Michigan, and it works! All I know I havn' t used it in hunting situations yet but real soon. My Vaction in S.E Ohio is for the first of Nov for the first real test. I have no fear about it not working. Even hanging in my maple tree in the back yard it works. Its all about breaking the outline up. For those of you not sure if you want to try it, like mentioned before there is a 100% money back if you don' t see more game. What other camo company does that? I beleive you won' t be sorry........

James D.