Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hey do you know how

Old 10-15-2003, 10:03 AM

Default hey do you know how

hey do you know how to make a homemade gamecam.
And i would like to see some of your feeder ideas?????????????
Old 10-15-2003, 10:12 AM

Default RE: hey do you know how

you would need to find a camera or some other mechanism with a motion sensor that you could attach to a camera. My camcorder has a motion sensor but i am not about to strap it to a tree in the woods.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

buckmaster I have never had a gamecam and in Va. it is illegal to bait so I have never used either, but I know that some folks here should be able to give you some links that will show you how to do what you wish.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:22 AM

Can' t say I know how to make a homemade one but we use the ones Walmart has for sale. They are only about 70 dollars and work great.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:23 AM

I looked into the idea a while back but as much screwing around as it took it was just easier to buy one. Wally World sell them for about $60. Not worth the time and effort to build one unless you work for free.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like it has been said above the one from Walmart works really good for the money spent.

As for feeders I built one last week out of a 55 gallon drum.
I just went to Walmart and brought what I needed ie the leg brackets,spinner and solar charger.

You dont have to get the spinner I did but I wanted it to go off at the time I pick.
Walmart have a dawn/dusk spinner that here sells for $24 the leg brackets are $19 the drum was $13 solar charger $12 and battery was $10 I already had the pipe for the legs laying around but you could get those for about $20 for the 3 needed.

It only took me 30 minutes to put it all together.

The 55 gallon drum holds 440 pounds of corn and if you spin out 2 pounds in the morning and again in the afternoon you will get 110 days out of a full drum.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:44 AM

Try this buckmaster

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-cams.html

Let me know how it turns out if you try it