Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me find my bucks!!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Help me find my bucks!!!!

OK guys, I have plenty of does and have pictures of does, but can' t seem to find my bucks there. I see rubs, buck poop, and tracks but don' t find any on my game camera and haven' t seen any while on the stand.

What is the deal?!?!?!?!
Old 10-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:34 PM

Default RE: Help me find my bucks!!!!

Yeah, there are acorns around. I am in Northern Arkansas. Do you think I need to move into the woods. The problem with that right now is that it is so green in there. Another question is that most of picture from my game camera are at night. There is no hunting pressure here at all, why is everything going on after dark?
Old 10-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

is spotting legal?? in ny it is, you can get a huge spotlight and drive around and hit the fields at night, ill guarantee you will see them then, and the the other guy said HUNT THE THICKETS! if you find there beds you will find them! getting a shot is another thing! its funny though im in a bow only zone and i see as many bucks as does but 20 min away i see 30 does for every buck!
Old 10-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you' re seeing lots of does now, the bucks will be heading your way soon. As some others have suggested, find the thick stuff--stuff so thick that snakes have to go around. That' s the kind of stuff they' re using for a hideout.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:46 AM

Right now there is so much food available and easy for them to get that they have no reason to move before dark.. They are not chasing does yet so they just lay around until dark or so and then move. You will have to move back in closer to the bedding grounds for awhile or just wait it out until the pre-rut and rut starts then they will have more of a reason to move early.