Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit stand clicking.

Old 10-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit stand clicking.

I have the summit broadhead and I have been pleased with it so far. I was hunting today in a pretty smooth tree and I wanted to stand up for the last hour of light. I found out that when I shift my weight the stand makes clicking noises. I have filed down the teeth like they said in the video. The only things I can thinkg of are 1. It is just to smooth of a tree. 2. Maybe it was on an angle so some of the paint was exposed to the tree and I would have to file more off. 3. Something is wrong with my stand and/or these new backpacker series need some quirks worked out.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Summit stand clicking.

Stands with moving parts make noise. That' s why I bought the Viper.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:08 PM

viper hear to no noises at all with my viper.

go deep hunt hard.

put me in anyhunting sitution and i will strike fast and get the job done.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone else?
Old 10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have a revolution, and have no problems with any noise. Do a search. Mark from Summit is on this site. He' s a great guy. He should be able to help you out. I think his screename is summitman.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

yea have that same problem once and a while, i think its mostly on certain trees that either has heavy bark or a smooth surfase.
I really havent figured out the exact cause, i just slowly add my wieght when i stand up and its usually ok.
i have the summit viper....
wouldnt trade it for any other stand though!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wilk don' t think this is a tree bark thing. It should be ok because I called summit and they said that this clicking should definately not happen with this stand so they are sending me a new platform. I am very happy with there customer service!
Old 10-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nuge,
Nice to hear they are taking care of it........I know the last thing I want to be thinking about is a " Clicking" noise 20 ft of the ground.[]
Summit' s Customer service is terrific from what I' ve heard......I personally have never needed it through 5 different Summit Stands.

By the way " Summitman" on this forum is Will Woller (" Labcoat Guy' s" Son) and a heck of a nice guy. Probably out hunting or I' m sure he would have weighed in on this topic.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

OK, here' s the problem. A year or two ago Summit had a bunch of their stands with welds breaking. They were only welding them on one side and the fragile aluminum welds broke under use. They develope a hair line crack that' s tough to see unless you put them under stress. If you hook it on a tree at ground level and put some weight on it you may see the problem. I believe they now weld both sides. Seems like the problem welds were the short support pieces. When the one on the other side cracks you will go down. They' re really hard to see.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

David,
I remember that problem as well and I have to say that I doubt that' s the problem in Nuge' s case.
They' ve changed the design of the stands to allow the aluminum peices to fit together tightly in channels BEFORE they are welded now.....they call it ' Alumi-Lockt' technology or something like that?
In effect the design now allows the aluminum tubes put pressure on themselves first and not directly onto the welds anymore. No more weld stress.
Most likely the clicking noise Nuge is hearing is the very slight movement of the " V-Bar" that needs to be locked down on these new collapsible climbers like the " Broadhead" and " Bullet"

Quick Reply: Summit stand clicking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.