Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buckmasterg2xl

Old 10-13-2003, 10:52 AM

Default buckmasterg2xl

bought this bow before season, it has been shooting well but i decided to shoot it through the chonograph because it seemed slow. with easton 2314 arrows, and 100 grain tips, (60lb. max. bow cranked all the way down) the chrono showed 210. i was very dissapointed.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:55 AM

Default RE: buckmasterg2xl

Whats your draw length?

Whats on your string?

How long are the arrows?

We will see if that is right or not
Old 10-13-2003, 11:25 AM

28" draw length, 28" arrows, sting loop and nock on string.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

That' s somewhere around a 470 grain arrow at 60 pound single cam bow and 28" draw. Sounds about right to me.

If you want more speed, you can switch to a carbon shaft. That would lose about 80 grains or so of arrow weight (could be more or less, depending on which brand and model you go with) and pick up about 15 fps.

A lot also depends on what accessories you' ve got on your string. If you' re using a peep with the rubber tubing alignment, then that' s a good 10 fps right there. If you' re shooting a Whisker Biskit, that' s another 2-5 fps.

If your bow is the least bit out of tune, that can slow down your arrow speed too.

Chronographs! Those blasted machines have disappointed more people and sold more new bows than anything else.