Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When should i use grunt tubes and rattleing antlers

Old 10-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When should i use grunt tubes and rattleing antlers

I' ve been trying light rattling and soft grunts for the past week. I had a doe respond to soft grunting this weekend. That' s been it though. The bucks have not been interested and have just kept walking.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

go read the post on rattling in TR' s TIPS...hes got a good article in there and i think that it tells when some of the best times to hunt are...if that post doesn' t answer your questions u can always leave a post to him asking for the desired information, he should be able to comply to any questions you have

i haven' t had any success weith rattling or grunting yet, but i haven' t gotten out into the woods as much as i' d like to.[:' (]
Old 10-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

As far as rattling goes I feel it depends on your buck to doe ratio, if there are far more does than bucks I don' t feel ratlling does you much good, I am not saying it won' t work, but if you were a buck and there were a ton of does, why fight over one?

Like others said if you are just hunting the boss buck than grunting will work well, however you will run off every small buck in the area. I prefer and have had success with doe bleats.

All calling and ratlling works best just before, during and right after the rut.

One very important thing, the second a deer is headed your way do not call again unless it turns and heads in the wrong direction.