Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

October lull

Old 10-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: October lull

Same thing here.

Deer will eat hickory nits that the squirrels leave half cracked open. A deer' s jaw and tooth structure isn' t strong enough to open a hickory nut otherwise.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Ill tell you here in central PA, it has been the worst i have ever seen it in my life..
i really hope it is the full moon, or is what we are seeing here the effects of all the doe tags, bonus etc.... I dont know, it certainly is a lot different seeing deer, granted ive seen a couple nice bucks, not even close to getting a shot at, but i guess what the group of guys and i were talking about is. Do we want to see bigger bucks but very little deer or more deer and smaller bucks... I dont know the answer but i can tell you this, if the youth that hunts with us dont start seeing things soon, they will loose interest, how do you get kids interested when there are very little deer, am i going to tell them to be patient and they will probably kill a real nice buck within the next 3 to 5 yrs.... I dont know the answer. When i started hunting i could set up my tree and see 30 to 40 deer in a day sometimes up to 60. now we dont see 2 deer in a day, and a group of us get together to try and get the deer moving and see what might be in some patches of woods and we dont see anything.... I hope its the full moon and heat...... but time will tell!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

This has been the poorest start to a deer season I' ve ever had...5 trips to the woods and only two deer seen (together) from the stand. It can only get better.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Here in east central Illinois it sucks as well! Last 4 times out Ive seen nothing. I know one guy that shot a nice buck last wednsday. But I think the full moon makes them bed down during the day until dark. At least i know that its not just me having a bad week. Go Cubs!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought this past weekend would suck. But I saw 3 big does at 915 on Sunday morning, had another doe under me for 45 minutes Sunday night. Four out of the other five people that were out Sunday night in the same timber as me all saw some action too. I was suprised with the full moon and warm temps that they were moving in the light. Although there was only a 4 ptr spotted and the rest were does, I was pleased with my hunts this weekend. They were moving late in the morning though.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:21 PM

This post is nothing but a bunch of knuckle heads who can' t find deer and are blaming it on the moon and October

I have had a slow 2 weeks also - but I sure as heck am not crying about it and blaming the dang moon and hot temperatures - clueless - all of you.

You don' t know this but when Mars positions itself inside the far longitude orbit of Saturn - you will see deer again.

Come on Mars
Old 10-13-2003, 05:55 PM

rack...... don' t give me that mars crap. the moon has a affect on deer movement and you know it.

go deep hunt hard.

put me in anyhunting sitution and i will strike fast and get the job done.

Old 10-13-2003, 06:09 PM

rack attack . i have seen deer but it has been slow . i believe it is the moon warm temps,and what do you think it is .deer are not going to move very much when it is warm deer i are going to move realy close to dark when temps go down.but when it gets cooler you can espect to see some action.

go deep hunt hard.

put me in anyhunting sitution and i will strike fast and get the job done.

Old 10-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I killed a doe Saturday evening.

Sunday evening saw 5 does, and had two bucks feeding under my stand. It could be just luck but I did set up in a new location on Saturday and Sunday.

The Sunday evening hunt was a stand between the bedding and feeding areas.

Old 10-13-2003, 07:34 PM

rack...... don' t give me that mars crap.
ROFLMAO.....

That just sounds so funny to me[8D]

I agree, I agree - its the moon - been darn slow here to

Just busting it up a bit[:-][>:]

Quick Reply: October lull

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.