Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

Old 11-04-2003, 06:48 AM

Default RE: Iowa' s " Walking World Record" Finally Falls...

i think this is the same buck as the one at the cornpile but is it more recent than the other?
http://www.hunt101.com/img/064856.jpg
Old 11-04-2003, 07:56 AM

Thank goodness that kid got the " walking world record" . I can' t think of a better way to promote hunting to the next generation than to see a beaming teenager with that deer. It tickles me to think of how much it will piss off the anti' s. Let' s hope his parents are smart with the money. I agree with all above- I would ten times rather see a kid get this deer than to see it shamelessly promoted as the feature of " Mega-Monster-Super-Buck-Extravaganza, Vol X" .
Old 11-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

i' m glad it was a kid who shot it and his father took the time to teach him to hunt. he also took time to scout and do his home work from reading the other post and that just goes to show you all the fancy hunting gear in the world and all the money doesnt mean s**t. glad to see an average joe get that buck and not some rich company hunting show.