Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

West Virginia.....

Old 10-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default West Virginia.....

Looks like a warm squirrel opener tomorrow....but a cool opening day next Saturday.....

8 Days and counting.......

Anyone getting pumped yet???
Old 10-10-2003, 11:58 AM

Default RE: West Virginia.....

HCBF-
Been ready since July.....I' m ready to go!

Will only be able to hunt a few hours of the opener...but will be out all day on Monday.

Just went and bought all my extra stamps...been taking one shot per day at my target at unknown distances for the last two weeks....

Good Luck
Old 10-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That' s great to hear. I got several differnt properties to hunt this year, and just found out yesterday that the big one is still alive at my original hunting spot. I won' t get to hunt there until late in the first week, because my new spot is looking promising.

I shot around 4-10 shots a day. So I' m not over doing it. But I' m definetly hyped for next Saturday.....[:-]

I want to make something [X(]
Old 10-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dudes I don' tnow what I' m going to do for the next 8 days. My neck is swelling and I keep peeing on the insides of my knees. It doesn' t bother me but the wife is getting a little annoyed by the scent....! I' ll be out early in the morning squirrel hunting and scouting for next week. Good Luck to you fellow MOUNTAINEERS.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! squirrel tomorrow, finish up some last minute stand preps, and shoot 1 arrow a day till friday im pumped
Old 10-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

LOL@ Gutshot!!! I' m surprised she has not put you in the dog house yet with that type of behaviour. To funny!!!

All of you be safe, and may your shots be true!!

Happy Hunting!!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Christine....we are closer then what I thought...I' m from Calhoun!!!!!!

LOL

And yes, I' m still pumped for next Saturday.....
Old 10-10-2003, 07:45 PM

Heck, seeing how ya' ll are from WV, ya' ll are probably all related...

Just a bit of humor from a PA native[&:] I love your state- very beautiful.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:57 PM

I am hoping the weather cools down some.I got an urban archery permit to hunt in our 500 acre park.It was a good day last Saturday but since then to hot and to many people around.I can' t wait to be on my own land and not worrying about some messing my hunt up.I am going to go hang my stand tomorrow and squirrel/scout hunt.Good luck everyone!
Old 10-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Folks, I am seriously hoping and praying that the temps go back down to highs of 50 and 60, and lows of 20' s and 30 degree range..... Just have a feeling that this is going to be another screwball year with temps being off the wall, then add the factor of two years of almost no mast (acorns) to speak of...... Not to mention having a " non-typical rut" due to temps.... Just my observations so far....with so many late fawns this year...many still in spots I have to wonder what this season will bring. Today, in Roane county it was hot and humid, not good for any season opener IMO, however ya still have a week. One has to take what they are given though and hopefully on the 18th, many will be lucky. Methinks if its still this hot, one needs to carry ice in a large cooler to put in the cavity after field dressing........ Again, Good Luck folks and be safe.

May your shot be true....
Its not what you harvest.....
It is what you learn....

Quick Reply: West Virginia.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.