Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What' s the easiest climber to put on the tree?

Old 10-09-2003, 12:29 PM

Default RE: What' s the easiest climber to put on the tree?

Another vote for Summit. I' ve used both Summit & API and the Summit is far easier to set up in my opinion. I can get up the tree a whole lot quicker in my Summit than I could in the API. The API has those little annyoing pins that you have to slide through those little holes in the chains. Hard to see to do that in the dark. And don' t get me started on what a pain it is when you drop one of those little pins onto the leafy forest floor before the sun comes up.

I' m not saying that the API is hard to use or that it isn' t a quality stand. I just prefer my Summit.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Spike

Well, the summitt seems to be the hands down choice - I' ll have to keep my eyes open towards the end of the year when these things go on clearance. One other question - do you mostly shoot from a sitting position in the climber or standing?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:31 PM

I agree with everyone else, my Summit sets up easy. It' s quiet too, but you have to be careful with it. The cables can chank and hit the stand, but it' s pretty easy to learn how to be careful with it. I don' t know if there' s ever been a stand made that wouldn' t make noise if you weren' t careful., but the Summits are quiet if you' re relatively careful.

By the way, I' ve heard about the teeth creaking when you climb with them. I' ve never experienced it myself. If you do, take the paint off the teeth with a file and you' ll be set.

peashooter
Old 10-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Easiest and quiestest.....all in one package! Lone Wolf.....check the picture out.

Old 10-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought an Ol' Man this year and it is very easy & quiet to me.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

DITTO on the Lone Wolf!
Old 10-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I think just about any of them are pretty simple once you' ve used them a couple times. I' ve been using an API for several years now. I never use a light putting it up or taking it down. It' s become some routine that I can do it with out any muss, fuss or noise. It can be pitch black dark and from the time I get to my tree until I reach 20 feet is no more than 8 or 10 minutes. This includes removing my quiver and putting it on the bracket I attached to my hand climber, pulling up my bow, hanging things that need to be hung and nocking an arrow. To me the API is a snap.... if I had a Summit I' d probably say the same thing. My recommendation would be base it on weight and comfort. The seat on the API sucks in my opinion. I don' t like the Summitt seat either. The best seat I' ve seen on any of them is the Buckshot.
I too use an API. I have the API Grand Slam Super Mag Supreme. This is one serious stand. Although being 280lbs really narrows down my choices for stands. I really like my API. Like davidmil mentioned it' s a routine after using it a few times.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

SUMMIT I really love the summit stands, and I doubt you will find a better combination of comfort, ease of use, and quiet rock solid preformance.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:03 PM

The Lone Wolf is very user freindly, light, and super quiet. I have the sit and climb and here is an example of how easy the adjustment process is. Have you ever climbed a tree for the first time and under or over estimated the circumference of the tree at the height you wanted to hunt? Well....I have and instead of climbing down I can sit in the seat and make the adjustment in the tree. Yes... I wear a safety belt and I practiced it at ground to gain a level of confidence. I don' t always hunt the same tree and this saves alot of time. Anyway... it is just a easy treestand to use. I almost forgot it packs up just as easy and is not awkward to wear.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:17 PM

Here is a story of heartbreak for ya.

My brother went in the woods with his API last year and dropped one of those pins when he was setting up in the dark.......he looked for it for 2 hours [] and when he finally found it he started putting his stuff together to climb up and when he pulled himself up onto the platform he heard a noise and looked to his left and saw a 10 point that just came out of the pines staring him in the face........my brother had set up on a great line of scrapes and rubs in hopes of seeing this big boy...........no way of knowing if he would have presented a shot opportunity but my brother was crushed............and he never saw that deer again.

Murphy' s Law bites another hunter is the arse [&:]

Quick Reply: What' s the easiest climber to put on the tree?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.