Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gettin ready for my first hunt

Old 10-08-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Gettin ready for my first hunt

Hey

Let me introduce myself, my names Eric, i' m 17 and currently live in Ottawa. I bought myself a Hoyt HavocTec earlier this year and have been anxiously waiting for deer opener ever since. Well that time is almost apon me, only 3 days left. I got my deer tag and an antlerless validation tag for the WMU i;m hunting and another antlerless tag for another WMU. I ' m headin up to my uncle' s place probably friday nite give me time to do some last minute sighting in and scouting staruday the then main show on sunday. I just finished packin most of my stuff. I can' t wait! As is it is i have two spots i' m thinking of hunting to hunt, one is a field edge across the road from my uncles that is a major travel route (or so accoring to my uncle who says he sees deer everyday there) for deer in the area or one of the neighbouring fields where i beleive i found a deer trail running along a fence line on the edge of a corn field this year. the first probably being my best bet if i want to see deer, but my second spot looks very promissing. I' ll be sure to give everyone a full report on how my hunt went we i get back
Old 10-08-2003, 06:10 PM

Default RE: Gettin ready for my first hunt

Good Luck Eric!! Don' t forget to take some pics!! I think I would hunt the 1st place.
Seeing deer the first day is always encourageing.