Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot through mesh.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Shoot through mesh.

Hey all, I recently purchased an Ameristep Doghouse blind and was wondering about the shoot through netting. Have any of you had any accuracy problems shooting through the mesh? I have been practicing faithfully and for the most part have been achieving acceptable accuracy shooting through the mesh. However, I occasionally get a flyer that hits way wide of the mark. I' m sure it is the netting. There is no doubt in my mind. What are your experiences? I can' t see using the mesh in a hunting situation at this point. Any thoughts? Jim
Old 10-07-2003, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Shoot through mesh.

fixed or mechanicals?
Old 10-07-2003, 05:48 PM

Fixed...Bow tuned...
Old 10-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

We' ve had excellent success with Double Bull' s
netting. Zero problems with fixed blades - Muzzy,
Thunderheads, & Wasp SST' s - we' re also able
to shoot Rocket Steelhead' s. Have taken animals
with all these BH' s....through the netting.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:33 AM

Bump...A little help anyone?
Old 10-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t use ground blinds, so I' m not 100% sure what you mean when you say " shoot through mesh" . Are you talking about actually shooting your arrow through the mesh on the way to the game?(cutting the mesh) If that it what you mean...NO WAY would I do it. Too much could go wrong. If that' s not what you mean, please explain in a little more detail.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:10 AM

Are you talking about actually shooting your arrow through the mesh on the way to the game?(cutting the mesh)
WV - the new blinds are built with mesh windows designed to allow you to shoot through them. It is a very thin mesh that helps hide movement but can be effectively shot through.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:12 AM

I have been wondering about this shoot through mesh also. I saw were I could buy the mesh that is in the double bull and thought about putting it on my ground blind.

It says you can shoot mechanicals through it.....but it seems to me that the mesh would/could cause them to open. Has anyone tried mechanicals with this mesh?

Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for clarifying that Rack

Regardless...I still don' t think I' d do it. Heck sometimes we have enough trouble just trying to cut the air between us and the deer.... I don' t think I need to ad mesh to that equation Murphy would be lurking I' m sure...[:-]
Old 10-09-2003, 03:42 PM

I was wondering about Murphy too. Thus the post. The mesh in theory should be superior from a concealment standpoint than just a hole in the side of the blind to shoot through. I also believe the deer would be less spooky as they approach because there wouldn' t be a " black hole break" in the camo pattern. That errant shot every now and again has me spooked big time. I wonder how many guys hunt without the mesh? Does the mesh really make a big difference in concealment?

Quick Reply: Shoot through mesh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.