Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i lost a buck this past weekend

Old 10-12-2003, 06:16 AM

Default RE: i lost a buck this past weekend

Atlasman,

You keep citing that if people researched and did their homework BEFORE they step into the woods everything would be Honky-Dinky.
Did you even read the thread??

I never said that.......I said at least if things still go bad you will know you did the right thing and tried your best and the poor turn of events would not be traced back to your ignorance. Knowing what to do doesn' t mean crap if you don' t do it........but you have to know it first before you can do it in the woods.

Let me ask you this.

Would you be as confident letting a Summa Cum Laude intern of medical school diagnose, and perform surgery on you even though he never entered into residency?
LOL.........so now bowhunting is comparable to surgery?? Terrible analogy.

Humility.

But that' s o-kay!

You' ll encounter it, guaranteed! With a little luck it will open your eyes and your heart.
Ahhh.......another hunter happily hoping and waiting for misfortune to strike others. So nice to see.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

IT just isn' t about Green or whatever the veteran color would be. It' s about the hunt and having fun. You don' t have to become the Zen of the woods to really really enjoy this stuff. I could care less what someone wants to color me. It' s not about numbers for the reading fans. It' s one hunt at a time. First or first fifty or second fifty... they' re all exciting to me. All people don' t have the same background or feelings for the animals. A farmer who butchers animals every year doesn' t get lightheaded over the thought of loosing an animal that eats a half acre of his corn patch as much as a guy who was raised petting his hampster. A guy who spent 2 or 3 years in combat isn' t as squeemish about loosing an animal as a guy who' s only experience with death was discecting a dead frog in lab. Then again... their roles may be reversed in the next two guys. People are different. Nature can be far more cruel than a hunter wounded animal. Some people want to put the animal on a pedistal while others see it as varmit. This holyier than though pot-shoting really accomplishes nothing. I' d suggest people use a little restraint in their story telling. I suggest even more strongly the " Ethics Police" get off their high horses and try to be constructive. Telling someone he' s a jerk doesn' t really do much for the conversation or the board, no matter how big a jerk they are. I' m amazed at some of the people who think they' re the head of the " Ethics Police" Squad. They get a couple kills and they think they have all the answers to save the world from itself. Well, some of us don' t need saving from ourselves. YUP, people do stupid things in the woods. YUP, there will even be more in the future. Some of us are going to take shots that others wouldn' t. Some of us are going to loose more game than others, and it' s not necessarily going to be the guy that takes more shots. Skill levels in shooting and woodsmanship and controlling our emotions all figure into it. I know a world class shooter(Olympic Medalist) that got so hyper in the woods it took 5 or 6 years to shoot her first deer. She could shoot paper gnats all day at 40 yards but not a little rag horn at 20. Each hunt is for ME. My theory.. if you don' t shoot, you won' t get them. SO, I don' t wait for the classic perfect broadside 12 yard shot. My last one may have been that, but the next one may be 30 yards and walking at an angle. I' ll take it as quickly and smoothly and without thought or reservation as the last one. LIve with it.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Atlas,

LOL.........so now bowhunting is comparable to surgery?? Terrible analogy
A lifes on the line either way, I thought it was a very good analogy.

That stuff can be learned in half an hour of reading.
ROTFLMAO Youve got to be kidding, reading about it and doing it are two entirely differnet things, man do you have a lot to learn. And thanks to your wonderful know it all attitude your going to learn it sooner rather than later. I wish you luck, because your going to need it.

I leave you with one parting thought Atlas, Its is better to be thought a fool and opens ones month and remove all doubt.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:55 AM

ROTFLMAO Youve got to be kidding, reading about it and doing it are two entirely differnet things
I already said that doing it is the tricky part........maybe you should read my posts before replying

I am not trying to insult anyone here but I' m sorry.......if it takes you YEARS to learn how to recognize a hit by sight or what' s on your arrow when you find it......and then decide what is your best bet to recover that deer.......you are a VERY slow learner. Man we must have had a lot of short bus riders here if that' s the case.

You mean to tell me that someone who reads all about hits and how long to wait according to each one........will be unable to remember this immense amount of knowledge when he finds his arrow?? Cmon.......write yourself a cheat sheet and leave it in your lunch bag if that' s the case. GEESH

man do you have a lot to learn. And thanks to your wonderful know it all attitude your going to learn it sooner rather than later. I wish you luck, because your going to need it.
and the hateful wishing of misfortune on another hunter pops up yet again.

nice touch

I leave you with one parting thought Atlas, Its is better to be thought a fool and opens ones month and remove all doubt.
Considering all the spelling and grammar errors in that sentence I hope the irony is not lost on you

Let me help you.....It is better to be thought a fool, then open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Fire up the short bus
Old 10-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fire up the short bus
Maybe I' m behind the times, but what does that mean?
Old 10-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Its the bus Atlasman rode, along with all the other mentally challeged kids.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:37 PM

I had to check back...Couldn' t resist..Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Still peeing into the wind I see. You guys would have a hard time convincing Atlas that he was run over by the short bus even as he lay there with tire tracks across the chest. I' m really done this time...I promise.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:59 PM

Its the bus Atlasman rode, along with all the other mentally challeged kids.
Do you mean challenged??

Wonder how long it took you to think up that gem.

Write it on your cheat sheet so you don' t forget now
Old 10-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Wow is that you best you could do? complain about my spelling?

Now get back on your bus and try not to drool on yourself.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:37 PM

KIDS SETTLE DOWN NOW SETTLE DOWN.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.

Quick Reply: i lost a buck this past weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.