Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Passed up a shot today

Old 10-05-2003, 08:40 PM

Default Passed up a shot today

My first day out this season, and I passed up a 20 yard shot at a doe.She got spooked by another hunter going home for the day and came right to me. I didnt feel like fighting the mosquitoes off while field dressing a doe. A buck would have been another story. I still have meat from last season in the freezer, so there is no hurry when bow season last 3 1/2 months.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:53 PM

Default RE: Passed up a shot today

I' m sure you' ll get another chance so don' t fret. We had a freeze a few nights ago and I haven' t seen a skeeter since. Hopefully that' s the end of them! I was really worrying about sitting out there getting eaten alive. They were horrible this year.[X(]
Old 10-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

I passed up a young 5 pt yesterday morning at 10 yards while sitting on a dead log. It was fun watching him, and after he finally realized I was there......he looked like he was having a heart attack.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:04 AM

Don' t worry about passing up on that doe. Probably a wise decision as she was already nervous. I passed up on a doe opening day after only being in the stand for an hour. I passed because she had her 2 fawns with her. Been out every weekend for the past 4 weeks without another opportunity...but I know my chance will come soon.

Sometimes it' s just neat passing up on shots and watching the deer walk on by without them knowing you are there.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I passed up a young 5 pt yesterday morning at 10 yards while sitting on a dead log. It was fun watching him, and after he finally realized I was there......he looked like he was having a heart attack.
haha, that' s funny. These are the deer to pass up, let ' em walk then take them in a few years.