Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cardeer

Old 10-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cardeer

You ever send out any of those cardeer necklaces???
Old 10-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cardeer

I too was wondering about this myself.. I have neard very high remarks about these necklaces... and lord knows I could use all the luck I can get!!!! I am so due for my first deer with a bow it isnt funny lol....
Old 10-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wouldnt mind having one myself. [:-]
Old 10-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys.... I know what you mean about the famous Cardeer necklaces. They are wonderful. I was one of the lucky ones who got one and I treasure it always (it lives in my pack and I wear it everytime I hunt).

From what I understand, Cardeer has had a lot of setbacks these past months, so it' s not my place to say, but I don' t know when he' d be able to resume creating the necklaces.

If you need details, the " Famous Cardeer Necklace" is a small 1" or so piece of deer antler drilled through and a thin piece of deer hide is inserted and tied to make the actual necklace. Mine has an arrow on one side and (I assume) Native American symbols on the other side. For protection, it is coated in polyeurothane so it will last a lifetime. I have heard that each necklace goes through a special ceremony by Cardeer himself. I also heard that each one holds a special meaning to the hunter. Since I am still relatively new to hunting, my Cardeer Necklace acts as a " teacher" and teaches me about the ways of deer and how to hunt them.

Good luck this season and I hope Cardeer gets better and can resume making these wonderful gifts.

Butch
Old 10-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

actually maybe with my luck bow hunting for deer I should try to get two of those !!!! lol j/k
Old 10-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I been around these forums for two years now, and I was just wondering about them....every bow season I hear great things about these necklaces and the luck they bring. Hopefully cardeer will respond with some info and a update on his condition.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:42 PM

I hope things get better as well for Cardeer.

I too would like one of those treasures.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:14 PM

ditto to all of the remarks, i emailed cardeer about them but never heard back. would be a cool item to have,
Old 10-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey guys at this time I' m not making any. I' m involved in taking care of Nancy. She is still on O2 ,but doing better.But a couple months ago she blew a disc in her back. Could not walk.Thats getting better. I have difficulty walking ,bending and am going thru test and getting ready for a couple years of series of major surgerys. My first will be in January with a 3 to 6 month rehab. Then the following January another operation with the same rehab time. Im going to try and bow hunt this year ,but the conditions must be just right.I have camo garden tractor I can ride to my ground blinds. But if it gets to cold I' m on my back. If I survive the operations I will be a bionic man. I will run the deer down. Thanks for asking.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That' s great to hear. I hope everything goes well and you are chasing the deer down stride for stride. Hopefully we' ll get a video of you running them down through a couple hay fields!!!

Goodluck.