Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Releases (which do you use?)

Old 10-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Releases (which do you use?)

Here' s a question I don' t know if it was asked before.....

What release do you use? For me, I just use the tiny 3 fingered " Crackshot" thumb triggered release. I don' t know... It was I started out with and got used to. I can hit the bullseye target at 30 yds with it too. I look at other caliper style wrist strap releases and wonder if I should upgrade sometime.

Butch
Old 10-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Releases (which do you use?)

Butch I use a Trophy Hunter release that they do not make anymore, it is over 20 years old and uses a trigger and ball bearings to release the string, it has a wrist strap. I love it, the trigger feels just like a gun trigger, it is very smooth and as with shooting a gun if you do it right the release is a total surprise. Personal opinion, if the release you have works and you like it, don' t change. Another words if it isn' t broke, don' t fix it!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Taz....

Yeah, that three fingered " Crackshot" works great and I like it. It has the roller bearing caliper that clips right on the bow string. Being left handed. I align my left hand index finger' s first knuckle on the back of my left jawbone with the top of my left hand touching my left earlobe. The thumb trigger is right there close to my neck with my thumb resting on it. As soon as I push the trigger button, *TWANG*, the arrow zings straight out like a rocket. Like I said, it' s a great release and I' m comfortable with it. I was just wondering what everyone else uses.

http://www.shootnhunt.com/trufire_crackshot_hunting.htm

Here is an image of the release made by Trufire (hope this works)....

Butch

Old 10-03-2003, 09:25 AM

Scott Caliper Release
Old 10-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Free Flight - and love it.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:32 AM

I use a basic Tru Fire wrist strap release that I picked up at Wal Mart when I switched from fingers 3 or 4 years ago. I' ve thought about switching to a scott or maybe a carter strap release but since mine has been working all this time I just can' t justify to myself spending the extra money.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Butch, that style of release was very popular in it' s day, and is making a come back, thanks in part I think to Stan Potts on the HS Primetime videos.

Stan has a red Hot Shot that is basically the same as the Trufire, keeps it hooked up to his release loop as it hangs on the bowholder, ready to go at a moments notice...

My first release was this style, but made by Bear, I just happened to be at the pro-shop when a guy returned it, said it " didn' t work" . Pro returned his money, after the guy left looked it over, said it worked fine, sold it to me for $5 . I used it straight off the string, and had torque issues, so I moved on.

My latest release is a Gator Jaw dual caliper head that mimics a string loop, grabs above and below the nock, and I have it attached to a Scott molded hand grip. I get the same hands free constant hook up like Stan, but an ultra crisp behind the nock release. I' m in love with this set up... Before that, it was a Scott Mongoose, which is now my official back up
Old 10-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scott Little Goose for me.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:28 AM

I shoot a Scott Mongoose. Navy...I' m not sure what type of strap you have on your' s because they make two styles. One is a Velcro setup and the other is leather with a buckle like your belt. Maybe try the other if you are not satisfied with your current setup. It' s a good release.

Quick Reply: Releases (which do you use?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.