Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting old, my elbow is killing me!

Old 10-03-2003, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Getting old, my elbow is killing me!

as far as the being old part of it. Im 15 and i had been shooting almost every day for a couple months and finally had to take a break. Realease arm elbow was KILLING me. Dont know what tendonitis feels like but i think i have a light case of it. I can shoot my bow alright now but to like lift something heavy with my arm straight out hurts like mad. i usually streach a little before i shoot my bow now. Its seemed to help, so has the ibuprofen
Old 10-03-2003, 10:34 PM

Default RE: Getting old, my elbow is killing me!

Well Taz I appreciate this thread. It helps to know what us oldies can do. You have tendonitis, tennis elbow, golf elbow. What to do? Cut back on carbos, take glucosamine, ibuprophen, rest, excercise, stretch, get physical therapy, ignore it, heat it, chill it? Do these help?

Seriously my nurse type wife believes in the ice for inflammed joints, tendons, etc. 20 minutes on 20 minutes off 20 minutes on. As far as meds the ibuprophen, aleve, etc. are helpful for the anti-inflammatory tendencies.

Good luck Monday!