Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Rompola Buck...

Old 10-02-2003, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default The Rompola Buck...

Hope this is not too big of a can of worms but... Recently I have started reading about the Rompola buck in the Mags. again, and I was just wondering what everything thinks about this deer... and if anyone knows more details about it. This is a monster deer, and IMO probably a legally taken whitetail. Judging by Mitch Rompola' s track record, I don' t see why anyone would doubt him. I also thought I read something about Rompola having to sign something because Milo Hanson thought the Rompola buck was taking something from him before it was the offical World Record. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this deer, and see what everyone has read and heard about it...

Also I wasn' t sure if we were allowed to post any pics of this deer, for those that have not seen it but here is link to a pic and story behind the buck...

www.freep.com/sports/outdoors/qdeer201.htm
Old 10-02-2003, 07:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-02-2003, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Rompola Buck...

Who???? Sort of a dead issue. I read the recent article in D & DH magazine. Just tired of hearing about him.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Innocent until proven guilty. We live in a highly skeptical society, thanks to the proliferation of media outlets. Everyone wants a career making story. Everyone' s looking for a conspiracy...

It' s sad, really...

Old 10-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Take it any way you want to, but I will bet money that the buck will never be scored and after he dies the buck will dissappear!

Sorry folks but he had other real deer scored! Ask your self honestly, if he had other deer scored why would he not get this one scored if it was real!
Old 10-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Well I thought he could not enter the deer into the books because of Milo Hanson, and the stink he was making about this deer taking money from him prior to it' s offical score. I am pretty sure I read something that Mitch had to sign some sort of agreement with him, but I don' t know any details on that. I would hate to think that this deer is hangin on his wall, and it is a real, leagally taken buck. And because someone got his toes stepped on, it has to be kept in the dark. Someone needs to call this guy and be like HEY we want to know the story, now let' s have it...[:-]
Old 10-02-2003, 07:38 AM

If you can find it on a search.......there was a huge thread about this a couple of months ago. White Raven is a freekin' expert on the subject (if you believe him) and has more crap on this than you feel like reading !!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

From my understanding Rompola did sign a contract that he wouldn' t have the proclaimed buck scored or called a world record. This was due to his own part of not willing to have the buck scored by Boone & Crocket.
I met Milo at a sports show, and we discussed this subject. Milo was very nice, and just explained to me that all he wanted was for Rompola to prove he' d actually killed such a buck. If he had a new world record, then so be it. Otherwise like so many other times in the past the rack could actually be a fake, and just another world record hoax. I think Milo was a great guy by taking so much time out of his life to share the world record with fellow sportsman. Sure he made some $, so what. But how many average people would travel a display around the world year to year for everyone to enjoy. I thought it was great to see, and I enjoyed reading his book on the whole event.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty sure I read something that Mitch had to sign some sort of agreement with him, but I don' t know any details on that. I would hate to think that this deer is hangin on his wall, and it is a real, leagally taken buck. And because someone got his toes stepped on, it has to be kept in the dark.
Mitch didn' t " have" to sign anything. If his deer and its rack were legit then he would have had nothing to fear from Milo Hanson. Mitch and his buddies were running around calling his deer the new world record and selling photos and paintings of it at deer expo' s yet they never had it officially scored for verification. Milo Hanson who currently holds the world record finally said " look, either submit this deer for official verification or stop calling it the new world record. But do one or the other or I am going to sue your a$$ off." Faced with the threat of a lawsuit Mitch folded like a cardboard box in the rain and signed an agreement to stop calling his deer a world record or displaying it as such. The question now becomes, " Why would he do that if his deer was legit?" You can make up your own mind but it seems to me the only benefit Mitch gained by signing this agreement was stopping a lawsuit in which this rack would have surely been seized by the court for testing. I think that testing is what Mitch never wants to have happen. Hmmmm, wonder why?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:40 AM

If I remember correctely, he had to sign the paper because he was calling it the new world record & since he would not get it officially scored Milo had him sign saying that he would not call it the new world record anymore (I think this is correct or it is close to it). As far as I am concerened, and many other hunters I know, if he doesn' t get it scored officially he should shut his hole & crawl back under the rock he came from.

Quick Reply: The Rompola Buck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.