Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Camo are people using in Oregon

Old 11-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Spike

Default What Camo are people using in Oregon

Hunting Elk in Oregon, Just want to see what camo people prefer up here during bow season in early september. A couple people I have talked to are into Predator Camo or Under Armour cause they are light weight and keep you cool. Anyone have a preference towards those or any other brand.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BHen0603
Hunting Elk in Oregon, Just want to see what camo people prefer up here during bow season in early september. A couple people I have talked to are into Predator Camo or Under Armour cause they are light weight and keep you cool. Anyone have a preference towards those or any other brand.
If I'm not mistaken (I could be) Under Armor is not a camo pattern, but a clothing style. This not being an issue, deer don't really see colors so much as black and white and shades of grey so color isn't as important as patterns.

As such I have been a huge Predator fan since it's inception several decades ago. It's basic pattern tends to break up human outlines better than most of the more popular, highly advertised brands. I've used Spring Green and Fall Brown with good results and favor Fall Grey for treestand hunting once the leaves drop. There is a lot of light spots once the leaves drop and most of the other patterns are not much more than a dark blob on the side of a tree.

ASAT is another pattern that has proven itself over the years so I wouldn't count it out. It is highly effective and fits in almost anywhere.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BGfisher
If I'm not mistaken (I could be) Under Armor is not a camo pattern, but a clothing style. This not being an issue, deer don't really see colors so much as black and white and shades of grey so color isn't as important as patterns.

I guess I should of been more specific. I know what pattern I want to use, Im just seeing if any one prefers under armour brand or the actual predator camo brand or if someone likes another brand for august/September hunting. Just seeing what people use.