Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THAT IS IT, I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!! Muzzy

Old 09-29-2003, 12:57 PM

Default THAT IS IT, I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!! Muzzy

Yep, I am done, thats it, its over. I ain' t looking at any other broadheads anymore

Friday I decided to pick up a pack of 125 grain 4-blade Muzzy' s and try them out. I have been shooting 125 Grain Vortex Pro Extreme, 100 grain Rocky MT Gators and 100 grain N.A.P. Thunderheads. The thunderheads shot okay, but, they weren' t grouping with my field points. The Gators shot awsome, but, they didn' t penetrate my target nearly as well as the thunderheads! They are still awsome b-heads. The 125 Grain Vortex Pro Extreme' s shot great, a little low, but, my bow was tuned for 100 grain heads. The only problem was that they were slow opening and even though I am pushing alot of KE, penetration worried me. If I was shooting a BowTech BKII set at 30" and 70#, I would give them a try. These things do TEAR up targets. It is ugly on the target, I can' t imagine what a deer would look like.

Well, today I finally got out and shot my Muzzy' s and wow! They were shooting about 1" low but grouping perfectly. I figured that they would hit a little low as they are 25 grains heavier. The Muzzy' s seemed to quiet my bow down. It was actually pretty noticeable! Penetration........... well, I couldn' t keep the arrows in my target. They were just flying straight through my broadhead target. These things stayed sharp the whole way through my shooting session. I shot about 4 dozen times with the same head, and after all that, it was still able to shave hair off my arm.

Needless to say, the Muzzy' s will be in my quiver this year. This was my first time trying them out and I am very impressed. My bow is now tuned for these heads and I have my pins set at 17 yards, 27 yards, and 37 yards. These heads are shooting dead center anywhere between.

Now, Saturday, lets just hope that big 12 point walks in, and I will let him meet Mr. Muzzy
Old 09-29-2003, 01:09 PM

Default RE: THAT IS IT, I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!! Muzzy

It' s hard to find a better broadhead. Muzzy heads are awesome. I' ve killed many deer with the very head you' re shooting. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can' t say that I blame ya. Good luck this season.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the world of " BAD TO THE BONE" ! I hope you get a shot at that big ole bruiser!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:42 PM

Welcome to the club. The experience you described is pretty much how things have gone for me with the Muzzy' s. I haven' t adjusted my sight pins in 3 years now. Field points and broadheads fly samo samo. I use the 4 blade 100 grain heads and tight groups are the norm for sure. Better shoot at different dots with each shot or it' s junk the carbon arrow time.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good, glad you like them, good luck saturday!
Old 09-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can' t find a better fixed blade broadhead.

Old 09-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

many animals have fallen to the 90 grain muzzy. it' s all i will use. they truly are a fantastic head. good luck magnet.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Been using Muzzy' s for more than 10 years.....I' m sure you read me preaching about them.....you just can' t beat em.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:18 PM

Thanks guys, and I am happy to " join the club"

I will admit, I was worried about these heads. I figured that they would plane being that they are 4 blade and are a pretty bulky head, but, I am happy to say that they didn' t. Saturday can' t come soon enough

Quick Reply: THAT IS IT, I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!! Muzzy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.