Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broahead junkies step in please.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Broahead junkies step in please.

I'm sure this question has been asked several times before, and I know it will most definitely vary from hunter to hunter. I'm shooting around 65 lb draw, 27 inch draw length and shoot an 8.0 GPI arrow. I have been shooting a 3 blade rage but was wandering if I was packing enough punch to move up to the 2 blades or even possibly the rage extremes shooting on out to the 50 yard mark? Any input is appreciated!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious, why are you wanting to switch from the 3-Blade?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Spike

I shoot Rage and personally I don't like the mechanics of the 3 blade. The 2 blade is more dependable in my opinion. I shoot out to 60 yards.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wallhangr
Just curious, why are you wanting to switch from the 3-Blade?
My buddy shoots 2 blades and seems to get much better blood trails, and I would like to cut a bigger wound channel.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im not discounting rage but if you are going for longer range switch to a fixed broadhead...you don't lose any energy opening the blades...I tried the 3 blade rage and they never stayed in the closed position so I used the 2 blade and they had good pass through and good blood trail...
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

Not a Rage fan here at any poundage the benefits are far negated by the blade angle thickness ferrule ect. "the actual physics behind penetration"
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Spike

I love my Rage 2 blades. Leaves an absolute gash in a deer for sure. You shouldnt have any issues shooting the 2 blade.