Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do with all these safety harnesses???

Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What to do with all these safety harnesses???

That time of year again and it seems we buy about 5 more tree stands to add to our collection....all come with safety harness (and dvd). Anyone have any clever ideas on how to put these things to a use??...........perhaps donate I know...and Id be happy to do that......but I was hoping someone may have a practical use for them (like tying a big buck to a tree the night before season opener....LOL)
thanks
Old 08-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would offer them to our fellow HNI hunters who don't wear them!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 AM
Spike

Extremely risque 'seat belt' halloween costume? (by themselves) Or WW2 paratrooper costume? Umm...
Old 08-17-2013, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hillbillyhunter1
That time of year again and it seems we buy about 5 more tree stands to add to our collection....all come with safety harness (and dvd). Anyone have any clever ideas on how to put these things to a use??...........perhaps donate I know...and Id be happy to do that......but I was hoping someone may have a practical use for them (like tying a big buck to a tree the night before season opener....LOL)
thanks
As far as being a Hunter Safety Education Instr. I would check with your local HSE and I am sure they would make great use of them for their students that are not able to afford them. Thats what I do with my extras resulting from the same situation as you are now in yourself. The kids really like it. HOPEFULLY I never hear back that one needed it as it was made to be used for. But, if I do, that means it worked as intended!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Those tree stand companies ...

just want to make sure no new users go and break their neck, on a swan dive from 20 feet.

Since you probably leave some of these tree stand overnight, if you leave a harness with the tree stand, some soul might take the bargain.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Friend of mine started a harness donation idea a yr or two ago.

offer them to up to some other hunters who need them.