Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which broadheads do you perfer?

Old 09-24-2003, 07:40 PM

Default which broadheads do you perfer?

hey guys... its been a while since ive seen you all! Its good to be back! ok anyways getting down to business.... do you guys/girls prefer fixed broadheads or expandable? im just trying to get a majority before i go out and buy some more broadheads. and why do you prefer one over the other? thanks a lot and u guys take it easy! good luck this bow hunting season!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2003, 10:04 PM

Default RE: which broadheads do you perfer?

Throw on some rocket mechanical broadheads and you are ready to hunt right from field points. it got to the point where i was shooting rocket sidewinders better at 35 yards than i was shooting field points. they are so sweet and i have taken 3 deer now and a fox. they open awesome but the blades aren' t very strong so once they are shot, they are done. i use my old ones for turkey, groundhogs and other animals that don' t need a full broadhead....good luck this year!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have great success with Muzzy Broadheads.
With my bow properly tuned I experience broadheads flying and impacting the same as my field points[8D]

Old 09-25-2003, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderhead 100' s.....never had a problem with these broadheads and they are without a doubt the sharpest i have seen out of the pack. They have always tuned well with my set-ups with carbon or aluminum shafts. I have friends who will say the same about Muzzy' s and Wasp broadheads and i think all three are excellent heads.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

As long as I have the KE I will shoot mechs, to me there is a greater chance of a fixed head planing or the wind throwing them off then there is a chance of a quality mech not opening!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

I will only shoot fixed blades and I shoot a fast bow (300+). I' ve thought about trying mechanicals, but after using the Slick Trick (4 blades and 100 or 125 grains), I' ll stick with fixed. They truly fly just like field points!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:34 AM

[8D]I shoot Spitfires and will shoot nothing else. they fly very well, and I like the cutting capability that comes along with them. I think they are deadly, and an excellent braodhead for numerous game.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:56 AM

I shoot 100 Grain, Montec G-5' s. One-piece construction, Cut-on Impact, Sharp (with a little effort), tremenduous flight! I' ve been using Montec' s for a 1 1/2. I absolutely love them. " The best Broadhead on the market.....IMO" .
IMO there is no reason to shoot a mechanical if your bow and your arrows are properly tuned!! I can shoot my Mathews LX with field point or broadhead and hit EXACTLY the same spot without moving the pins.
Lastly, I typically go on one or two Monster Buck hunts in various parts of the country and neither of my favorite Ranchs allow MECHANICALS. One of them in particular has taken part in a very aggressive herd management program that has enabled them to harvest over 500 Does in the past 2 1/2 years, 150 of them taken with bow. The ranch foremans comments were; " don' t bring a mechanical to this ranch, because they wound more deer than they kill!
Now that I have replied.....please don' t take this as if I am bashing mechanicals. I think an archer should use what they are comfortable with. If you have practiced relentlessly and can hit the spot with your mechanical, Great! Just be careful on your shot angles.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:54 PM

I prefer the fixed blades.

Muzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee three blade for me! [:-]

Quick Reply: which broadheads do you perfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.