Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyt bows!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 10:02 AM

Default hoyt bows!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a hoyt havotec cam1/2 i shoot test mathew and the hoyt the hoyt won me not to knock mathews i could bought the lx but the hoyt is awesome and there is no tuning problems!!! like to here your opinon!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:37 AM

Default RE: hoyt bows!!!!!!!!!!!

and there is no tuning problems!!!
LOL.... Straight from the guy that sold it to you...right??

I like the cam.5 - shot a razor tech a bunch of times and it is a sweet bow.

But don' t let the hype fool ya - they will have problems like any other.

The hoyt strings imo are as junky as Mathew strings

Good luck with it
Old 09-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Man, some of you guys need to calm down when you type. I can barely understand what it is you' re trying to say!

In any case - everyone' s gonna have verying opinions on what bow is the best or better than another. In all reality, I don' t think it really matters too much. As long as you have the abililty to make a good shot with the equipment you have, that' s all that counts.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

once upon a time ( this past spring) I was looking for a new bow.. I did alot of shoping and test shooting and decided upon the Hoyt Magnatech cam and a half with the XT2000 limbs.. I loved it, I shot it daily and every day I was even more impressed.. then almost 4 weeks after buying the new love of my life tragedy hit... it was stolen. Now after a few days to calm down and see straight again I decided to buy another bow. The week or so I was bowless I was shooting a friends of mine Matthews and have to say it was a nice shooting bow..well I bet you are wondering what I ended up with the second teim around this year.... well I went and got a Hoyt Supertech... and I must say I have not thought twice about that... umm whats the brand... bow my friend let me use ( altough it probably helped with me not going off the deep edge while having mood swings between anger and withdrawl lol )... IMO I would say they are both top quality bows with the difference being what makes you happy! my answer...HOYT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:41 AM

Whichever bow feels better to you is the right bow! Hoyt makes a great bow.

I made a mistake a few months ago...I shot my friends Bowtech.
Needless to say I put down the Martin and bought a Bowtech Patriot SC shortly after. Fast, quiet, and very shootable...did I say fast! I' m a Bowtech man from now on! [:-]
Old 09-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Honestly, there are very few " bad bows" on the market today. The main thing is to pick a bow that you are comfortable with. Forget about all the hype and advertising and boasting by guys that own certain bows. Just go with what feels right. If the Havotec feels right, you made the right choice. Too much is put into the advertising these days. Like Mathews saying they win more archery tourneys than any other brand. Is it true, sure if you look at there fine print. It says Male Pro and Women' s Pro divisions. Now, go to one of those tourneys and see what bow is shot the most. It' s Mathews. If you have more people shooting for you than other brands, I guess you would win more tourneys!!

I personally shoot a Hoyt Pro Tec and a Martin Cougar Mag and I wouldn' t trade either of them.

Bottom line is when buying a bow, don' t read these posts to form opinion, don' t watch hunting videos to see who is shooting what, don' t read advertisements and take them too seriously and don' t listen to Billy Bob at the range to hear him brag about his bow. How many guys actually say (either on these posts or in person) " I bought Brand X bow and it' s junk." Very rare. Just go to the shop with an open mind and test as many bows as possible. Choose what feels right, not what looks right or what brand is more popular.

Like I said, you really can' t go wrong with many of the bows on the market these days.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Good post Slicendice!
Old 09-24-2003, 03:29 PM

slicendice said it ! it would be good if all the which bow posts were like that instead of my bows better than your bow nonsense [:-]

Old 09-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

without a doubt i love my hoyt mt sport, actually i can afford the arrows, at 30 yards i group them the size of a tennis ball, keep breaking the nocks off and ripping the fletches and sometimes splitting the ends,,,,, its a hassle, w/ a 3-d target you have to aim in different spots, the ass the neck the heart!

Quick Reply: hoyt bows!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.