Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first hunt of the year!!!!

Old 09-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default My first hunt of the year!!!!

In one way I am psyched and in another way not. We have a Special Early Urban Archery deer season that opened last Saturday, the reason I am pumped is because it will be the first hunt since last year, the reason I am bummed is I know there is at least one monster buck in the area and for some reason I know I am going to wind up with him broadside at 10 yards and have to let him walk until Oct 4th!!!!

It rained 4-5 inches last night so it should give me some nice silent woods for stalking. Hopefully I can get a doe or 2 and then strictly buck hunt the rest of the season.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:47 AM

Default RE: My first hunt of the year!!!!

I am assuming that it is antlerless only if you are letting him walk!!! That is the way it always works. We got a buck running around our area that will go in the 180 to 190 range but have only been able to see him out of season. Good Luck!!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:52 AM

I am assuming that it is antlerless only if you are letting him walk!!!
Naw......Taz only shoots 200 or better

Good luck dude[8D]
Old 09-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Taz! Hope that big boy is around in a couple of weeks!
Old 09-23-2003, 10:20 AM

Good luck and have fun.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Naw......Taz only shoots 200 or better
Rack I would die of a heart attack if I had a chance at a 200 rack in Va!!!!!
Rack I haven' t killed a buck with a bow yet so even the 6 pointers had better look out this year!LOL

It is does only BTW SW Iowa Hunter.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Taz, how' d that hunt turn out? Let us know. I went out Sat A.M. and spooked 2 deer. They winded me at about 50 yds. and I called it a day early since it was over 80 degrees by 0930. If I don' t go to the farm this weekend, I' ll be out bowhunting again!
Old 09-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

coolbrze I get off work at 1 PM, I am going to chill a litle bit, shower up here at work, suit up and head out, I should be in the woods by 2-2:30. Hopefully I can let you all know if I had an early success later this afternoon, if not I will report my failure tomorrow.[&:]
Old 09-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tazman, hope you have fun and enjoy yourself and harvest a fat,dry, doe! 8 SUPER LONG DAYS till me and my HOYT get to venture into the woods in pursuit of the elusive whitetail
Old 09-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to you taz. I havn' t drawn on a buck since I got my new bow 3 years ago. I need some kind of snake dance or something to get through this dry period. Saturday morning is my first day to give it a try and I' m tore up, even though I havn' t seen a buck on my property this fall, I know there around. It' s amazing, 35 years of deer hunting and I' m still excited on opening day like a kid.
And again, best of luck to you and be safe.

Quick Reply: My first hunt of the year!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.