Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many days a week do you hunt??

Old 09-20-2003, 09:33 PM

Default How many days a week do you hunt??

I am fortunate enough to own my own business so I can set my schedule to nicely coincide with hunting season. I am just wondering how much you guys get to hunt during the season on average.

My plans for this year are Mon afternoon Wed morning Thurs all day Sat all day and Sun all day. This comes out to 4 full days each week or 16 full days per season leaving of course extra days for the rut. Shotgun is the same schedule for me and then 3-4 days of muzzleloader. I figure on getting about 40+/- days in the woods this year.

Needless to say my wife is a very cool woman...........who loves to eat venison
Old 09-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many days a week do you hunt??

last season I hunted both days of opening week end.
Then I hunted all day every 2nd day except the week ends mainly cause it was public land and it was loaded with guys on the week ends.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

For the six week season, I will hunt all Saturdays, mornings and evenings...if not all day...I hunt every day after work every chance I get...I leave work at 4:30 and until the time change, it allows me enough time to get into a tree without spooking the deer. I have a weeks vacation the second week of Nov which is the last week of our season and peak rut....I also have several other days off during the season like the first Mon and Tue that Matt/PA will come north and hunt with me. Lot' s of time in a tree for sure but that is one of the things I love about bowhuting. [:-]
Old 09-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

,y boss s the greatest..he lets me take off whenever i need too and he knows i will not work during a hunt seeng i hunt quota hunts only......and i hunt where i work, so in case of emergency i' m just a phone call away....my hunts are anywhere from 2 days to 4 and i have like 6 hunts.....i' ll be out there every chance i get....and it' s usually from dark to dark.....everyday.....til i get one...
Old 09-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could better answer that if it was " how many weeks per year do you hunt"

This year I will have hunted three extended week long trips, then maybe 2 or 3 days a week average while I' m at work. I' ve been out hunting the last two nights, but taking tonight off to rest a sore throat, but I plan to be out tomorrow night, and hopefully about every night until I tag a caribou, then I' ll be out with the camcorder.

I' d say in a year I hunt 75 or so days, hopefully I' ll get alot more than that next season, starting with caribou in April, bears in May, small game in June, Caribou in July, then anything that is open from August to November.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Everyday ,unless it is pouring or major family problems pop up.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

2- 3 days a week Bow which ends Dec.31 and every day during Nov. special Doe permit shotgun, and Dec. 6 day firearm buck season.also Dec. permit Doe Then in Jan and Feb Permit shotgun every other day. Unless weather is really bad But I use snowshoes when neccessary. Some people say there' s something wrong with me. I think I' m normal. Although I get a fever from Sept. till Feb.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:44 AM

well normally it would be every saturday and a couple nights a week until that dumb clock thing comes up , but being as i' m unemployed this year and the job market stinks i' m going eveyday yeah!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2003, 07:46 AM

I hunt in Arkansas, so I get a 5 month season. I usually only hunt Saturdays and that is usually every other Saturday. I take a week off in November and a 2 weeks in December. All in all I probably hunt about approximately 30 days a year. Not alot, but thats about as much as I can get out with family and work obligations.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:54 AM

The last 4 years I' ve been able to hunt every day after school and every saturday. This year I' m working part time so it' ll be cut back quite a bit. I' m hoping to get at least 3 days a week to hunt, possibly 4. This' ll take some getting used to.

Then there is the 8 days in November that I' ll be Illinois .

Tyler

Quick Reply: How many days a week do you hunt??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.