Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many days a week do you hunt??

Old 09-23-2003, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many days a week do you hunt??

Pa has a short 6 week season, and you aren' t allowed to hunt sundays, so I do the best I can to hunt 4 of 5 days after work, even if only for a little bit. And all saturdays. I have 1 full week off and a few other days scattered here and there as well.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

During archery, before DST, I get out almost every afternoon during the week and then each Saturday...all day most times. That would be 5 to 6 days a week for the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. Then when DST arrives I only get out on Saturdays. That would bring the total in archery to around 22-24 days. I get out for 3 days of our rifle season...the first monday and then the two saturdays....and I also go out for about 7 or 8 days of our extended archery/after christmas hunt. That would bring the total of deer hunting days to around 33-35.

Ofcourse, I also small game and migratory bird hunt as well.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:45 AM

For my 3 month season its every weekend and a few days during the week thrown in here and there
Old 09-23-2003, 07:54 AM

Well I must be lucky. I work 2 jobs most of the year and am lucky enough to take 6 straight weeks off for hunting. I take the last 2 weeks of October and the entire month of November off from work. In October I usually hunt in the mornings and come out for lunch. I then return for the evening hunt. Once Nov 1st rolls around I hunt the next 4 weeks daylight till dark. This has been my best weapon in simply spending 12 hours a day on stand for 4 straight weeks during November. You would be surprised at the deer that move in the middle of the day. " Hunt till it Hurts" !!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well if I wanted a divorce I could hunt every day for almost 6 months, but I love my wife and kids so I hunt 2-3 afternoons every week of the season and take off at least 1 week to strictly hunt.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

For my 3 month season its every weekend and a few days during the week thrown in here and there
That' s me too, exactly. Man Rack...me and you must have the most pathetic schedules of everyone here. A month straight, 45days, 70 days...WOW...if only [:' (] I gotta get a new job...
Old 09-23-2003, 01:54 PM

I hunt when i can hunt, it is always a good time to hunt
Old 09-23-2003, 02:41 PM

Man Rack...me and you must have the most pathetic schedules of everyone here. A month straight, 45days, 70 days...WOW...if only
Yea these guys make me sick

Stinking up the woods every single day, so by the time you or me get out there the darn deer are so scared they don' t move[:-]

It can really blow sitting at work on those perfect mornings - but to be honest I couldn' t handle getting up at 3:30 every morning. I would get burnt real fast.

Working all week lets you appreciate the few measly hours we get to hunt.

Sticking one on Sunday afternoon though can be one heckova pain
Old 09-23-2003, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

I' m out there pretty much every weekend from Oct 1 until Miod January when season ends in Illinois. I use a couple vacation days and (cough cough) sick days during the week to sneak out of the office to chase deer as well.

J
Old 09-23-2003, 03:29 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

It depends on my work schedule. I am on call one night a week and one weekend a month. (veterinarian) I' ll hunt most every morning before work and every evening unless I' m on call. I hunt every Saturday and Sunday that I' m not on call. My boss allows me to come in late and leave early during deer sesaon. I can schedule my appointments around my hunting.

Quick Reply: How many days a week do you hunt??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.