Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many days a week do you hunt??

Old 09-21-2003, 11:00 AM

Default RE: How many days a week do you hunt??

I work nights and weekends. I usually get home around 10:30 or 11pm. So I hunt mornings and on my days off which are Sunday and Monday 1 week and Monday and Tuesday the next. The nice thing is that when I hunt and fish, there' s nobody else out there! And don' t tell me that the deer don' t pattern humans! I' ve seen an area where deer hunters hunt hard on the weekends and the deer go nocturnal. Then on Monday afternoon, they they are out feeding in the same place. We have a 9 week season here in Iowa for bow and I fully expect to hunt 4 or 5 days a week during that time unless I tag out. But I' ll have 4 tags to fill (2 any sex and 2 doe only) so I' ll be busy.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

I say the number is 3 to 4. My wife says 8 to 9. Jim
Old 09-21-2003, 11:17 AM

during weekdays i get evening hunts in, then saturdays are all day and sunday i go to ohio and hunt all day
Old 09-21-2003, 02:19 PM

As many as possible My wife is a season widow We were out driving near my hunting area last night and saw for does all fairly small and I told her how pumped I was getting and she said " I' m Not" She' s really good about it though till late Dec and Early Jan. I hunt every evening from Oct 1st till early Jan with a week or so off when the season is in transition. I will hunt the first 5 days of October all day this year and then as I said every evening and all day Sat & Sun. If I tag out and some of my buddies haven' t I' ll video their hunts for them so I can have more time in the woods. I sometimes go by myself with just a camera.
Hello my name is Bruce and I' m a hunt a holic
Old 09-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can hunt at least 4 mornings/evenings a week and sometimes more. our season is 3.5 months long.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:21 PM

I will try to hunt every evening during the week and all day on Saturdays.

I will also use 3 vacation days during the season.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

well with the new urban archery season I would estimate my number of days spent afield actually hunting (not scouting or anythign else) would be 75+ this year seeign as I am at a new job and wont have as much time off as last few years ( the last few years I hunted every single day 6 days a week from opening of bow season until close of regular gun season.. I was a repo driver one year and the second I managed a large towing company so i made my own schedule so I woorked nights and sundays and hunted monday through saturday) boy what a rough life....

oh and i might have ot take some vacation time this year as well... we are already closed the week of xmas and the week of new years... besides the fact I have access to 30 acres directly behind work that no one else goes into so I can hunt before or after work too... lol
Old 09-22-2003, 07:27 PM

I try to go out every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings, and every evening. Considering that KY' s bow season is from September 6, 2003 - January 19, 2004, I should be able to get a lot of time in.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I work the midnight to 8 shift on a 4 days on 2 days off rotation. So I hunt 3 evenings and 2 mornings every 6 days for 4 1/2 months. Needless to say, most of that is during the week when I have the woods to myself. My wife bought me the sweatshirt which reads, " We interrupt this marriage to bring you the hunting season." Gotta love her. [:-]
Old 09-23-2003, 06:57 AM

2 - 3 days a week. try to hunt one day during the week and both days on the weekend.

Quick Reply: How many days a week do you hunt??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.