Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did I just Jinx my deer season??

Old 09-19-2003, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Did I just Jinx my deer season??

I agree with the board Rack. You' ve had it! Ol' Murphy is just waiting for you! But he' s waiting for me too! I' ve hunted for 2 years without a kill. I went out and bought a new bow, arrows, the works. I also met a new friend who' s got some great deer hunting on his land and we' re supposed to go hunting together this year. So I' m doomed to not get a buck again either.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:32 AM

Well...Just what I thought - Its all Bad..LOL

Though I think WV gave the only good answer

SA and Benhuntin - you guys are probably right and I need some Mojo voodoo to help me out. So below is a map to my best hunting spot - have fun and let me know when its safe for me to hunt

http://home.kcore.de/~kiza/bronx-zoo/images/map.jpg

BM and 6pt - those buck contests have ruined many a good year - you guys may want to call silent and Ben also[:-]

Jersey - Yup, that would be a sure way to bag the heaviest fattest deer I have ever seen - though I would need to call WV and find out the best way to get a seatbelt around him

Bud - see my advise for BM and 6pt
Old 09-19-2003, 09:35 AM

Any of you guys superstitious like me??

Should I even bother to get a liscence this year – after such a purchase and presumption on my part??
Yep you bit the big one! But you have to go anyways or this thing will stick to your back until you do go, you might as well get this monkey off you back this year.

As far as this southern mojo voodoo, everybody know Texas has the best mojo around so you best send that map down this way too
Old 09-19-2003, 09:39 AM

Hehehe. Too bad! Maybe next year!!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You wont go without seeing game, thats not how those jinx' s work. Usualy what happens is some kind of equipment failure or moving at the wrong time. You' ll probly draw back on a beaty buck sized critter and hit a limb deflecting your arrow to cause a perfect miss. Now ive never killed a legal deer and just sent money off for the moderator' s cup, so......
Old 09-19-2003, 09:49 AM

Im not hunting with you
Old 09-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

though I would need to call WV and find out the best way to get a seatbelt around him
I' m not sure I could provide you much help on big bucks[:' (]...but if you need detailed instructions on how to get a 130lb doe into the wife' s cadillac(on a day that I wasn' t supposed to be hunting...and didn' t tell her until I got home [])...let me know[:-]

By the way, looks like you have some nice entry and exit routes layed out in your favorite spot! And quite a selection of game as well
Old 11-27-2003, 11:13 AM

Sorry guys

Just have to hammer the last nail in this Superstitions coffin

Old 11-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Break the jinx---leave your knife and drag rope home, guaranteed to get a deer!
Old 11-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

So here' s my thought on your carrier. The deer is out there at road level with all the dirt, grime, and salt with exhaust fumes pouring all over him. You should have saved the money and bought an 8 by 10 tarp to put in the back of your car. Drive home with the windows down and he' ll stay cool.

NOPE... you didn' t jinx your season... but you blew a bunch of money on something you' ll use once or twice a year. I might[] get more use of it... but I just stick ' em in the back and " truck on" [:-]. Cost..... about $7.[:-][:-]

Quick Reply: Did I just Jinx my deer season??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.