Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

suggestions and why for a new bow

Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

My wife shoots a Diamond Razor Edge, but I have a Bear Encounter. The Diamond is a sweet bow, but I like my Bear better (quieter, smoother (more expensive)). But that being said, its all about what fits you.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the help. I'm going to try and shoot some of your suggestions. Ill let you all know what i end up with.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good keep is informed!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Spike

Thanks again everyone. I shot several and went with the PSE Stinger. It had everything I wanted. Now it's just time to get it dialed in and get to the woods. Season is almost over here.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Opinion, rather than advice

Originally Posted by mcgurn
So here's the deal. I'm looking for a new bow. Its either going to be a PSE or a Diamond. Basically because of cost. I'm open to any other suggestions but that is what my reseach has narrowed it down to. I'm not growing anymore so adaptability is not a major concern. Once it gets set at the shop it will stay a that poundage and weight. It will be used to hunt deer only.
Thanks in advance.
Choose the rig that makes you feel comfortable. You will know the one once you pick it up. Not a single hunter can make that decision for you, nor can price. I shoot a Pearson 440 one from 1997, when I was looking price was not an issue, I handled Matthews etc. the Pearson was for me, just felt like it belonged. I'm still shooting it today, pass thru's are 90% plus and its rated at 309 mph.