Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Practice Shooting Session

Old 09-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Practice Shooting Session

Just wondering if anyone else experiences what I do. I shoot 3-4 days a week. some days I am dead on and some days I can' t get my arrows to group worth a darn. Not only that, but the less often I shoot the better my groups. Don' t figure. I usually shoot about 15 -18 arrows per session.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Practice Shooting Session

i shoot about an hour every day at minimum, some times i can shoot tight groups and some times i cant, but hey, thats why im shooting ever single day! Being able to shoot tight groups is great, but its being able to do it consistantly that seperates the men from the boys, and im just tryin to be a man.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Practice Shooting Session

At this time of year, i wake up and shoot one arrow from a different spot each morning. I dont shoot another arrow untill that night from the same position. Then, next morning i get up and shoot one more arrow. I do this till bow season. Every now and then ill go shoot 3 or 4 " good arrows" to keep up form and strength, or ill draw back, anchor up, and then let my arrow down. Thats just me though, it works.