Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where to put my Stand

Old 09-17-2003, 01:52 PM

Default Where to put my Stand

I have been hunting northern Michigan for years, and now that i have moved south and I am hunting corn fields, I found a place on the edge of the woods just like 10 yards of the field and am thinking about putting my stand there, There is a creak that runs not 5 feet from the stand and a runway another 10 yards from that. And there are a lot of tracks that are in the corn field too. It looks and feels good but i am second guessing myself because i feel like i should be in the woods farther. (it might be because i am used to looking at the woods not fields, should i keep the stand there and move it when the corn goes down. Or just move it now deeper in the woods?
Old 09-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-17-2003, 02:17 PM

Default RE: Where to put my Stand

hey huntmup,

Im a michigan hunter so i know where your coming from about the hunting the the woods. If the spot you have now feels good keep it!!!! Don' t second guess yourself i did that last year and missed a big buck that put a big scrap under my old stand. So just go with that feeling.

Good Luck

May the wind be with you
Old 09-17-2003, 02:24 PM

Default RE: Where to put my Stand

like bowdacious said , it is according to waht you want to shoot. If you are after a bigger buck scout the area for a staging area. This is where the buck will be until is dark. You may be able to get a shot before dark at this staging area.