Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More stealth pics...a little guy...

Old 09-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default More stealth pics...a little guy...

These two are from a weekend ago. Not as impressive as the first bunch of pics that I posted but exciting as I now know that there are at least three different bucks frequenting my one stand.

I moved the cam to a potential evening spot last Friday but it yielded no new pictures despite being left out until Monday night. I moved it again last night to another one of my morning stands and hope to pick it up tomorrow or Thursday before the hurricane hits.

Hope you enjoy them.

Old 09-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: More stealth pics...a little guy...

Sorry Rob. I tried to embed more than one in the original post but still cannot figure that one out. Anyway, here is the second pic...

Old 09-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The picture quality looks great.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:31 PM

great pictures !!!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:40 PM

Nice clean pics. How far off the ground do you put the camera, and how far from the deer is it away?I put a cam out friday night and have not checked it yet. I walked in my back yard a week and jumped a huge ten pointer with a rack about 4 inches past each ear. So I had to get a camera right! The bad news is I do not know how to post them here.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry Rob. I tried to embed more than one in the original post but still cannot figure that one out

I' m going to pull my second roll this weekend...that' ll be a full week in that spot and then am moving it to another location...let' s hope.

Frank, it' s all about minimizing,using the back button and keeping the reply message available...you' ll get it....heck, I can' t even post a pic as I don' t have a host sight..the few I' ve done lately are on several sights throughout the web.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the pics,I have not even seen a buck around here yet,lots of does though
Old 09-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry for not getting back to you folks sooner but I have not been online since I posted this thread.

Treedog,

The quality is " ok" in my opinion. The first pics of the other two bucks seemed clearer and the deer were positioned better in the picture. I do not plan on setting it for double pics each time it is activated again.

Newshooter,

Actually, I do not know. I would guess around 3-4 feet. I try to eyeball when I set it up...and, ofcourse, I use the test function to see where it will go off at. As I mentioned in another post I try to set the camera up on a tree that will allow the deer to pass at the very edge of the cameras effective triggering range. This seems to provide the best pics.

Posting them here is simple now that we have that " embed picture in post" function. Simply start a new thread and click the " embed" box below. Then click on " click here to upload" and follow the instructions. You do not even need a host site anymore!

Rob,

I know, I know... I can/could still use my AOL free space to host the pics but it is so much easier to use the embed picture function. I will get it eventually.

...and I am just itchin' to see what kind of pics you got.

Bob,

It is funny you should say that as it seems just the opposite up my way. I have never seen so many bucks in any given year since I started hunting. These stealth cam pics are a perfect example. Almost every picture I have so far is of one buck or another.

Speaking of which, I picked up the cam tonight and got the pictures developed. More buck pics to follow....and different bucks than I previously posted about. Go figure.....and these are day shots to boot!