Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Containment Clothing," A Joke" ?

Old 09-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Scent Containment Clothing," A Joke" ?

I am trying some Goretex Windstopper Supprescent this season in camo manufactured by Whitewater Outdoors. I was in need of some new late fall camo, and if it don' t help......well, I will still have new camo.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t have any scent control clothing. My opinion on scent control clothing is that YES they probably work well. And I' m all for having all the advantages you can. But I think after reading some of the various info out there (including that article), the jury is still out on HOW LONG they will be effective. I think if you do your best to control your scent, and hunt the wind, you have a decent chance, with or without the clothing.

Bowdacious...what you said about leaving your scent behind...thats very good advice...but again, how long will the suit remain effective enough to do that?. I would like to think that they would work the way the marketing claims...but like I said, who really knows. If you want to spend the $, like Cougar said...if they work, GREAT!... if not you still have nice camo
Old 09-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

i have never believed in it, i have a friend that has shot more deer and turkey in his life than most people that i know and he always wears blue jeans and an orange vest. Go figure!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:26 AM

For those of you who dont beleive scent containment clothing dont work,DO you use scent away sprays, cover scent, scent away clothes wash, attracters ie.. doe p,buck urine, how about grunt calls, bleat calls, Do you wear camouflage clothes? Do they really work, Or was it a just coincicent that deer came bye? How can you call it a joke if you have not tried it? I think if the clothing only cost 50 bucks you pessimest would be wearing it.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I should edit my thoughts.I dont think they matter enough to justify the cost. Never wore it,often dont even practice the wind direction rules.Shot 179 buck and many more does in my life time with bow , slug gun,rifle,pistol flintlock and inlines. I hunt close quarters all shots under 50 yards.I do use natural smells. In the early bow season often wear sneakers. I hunt from the ground and do wear cheap wallmart camo jogging pants and shirt and jacket. All the equipment you buy does not make up for a good spot you scouted and spent months watching and 100' s of hours sitting waiting in a season. I know guys that even shave there heads tp prevent the hair from smelling.Gee I have a full long white beard and shoulder length hair. I eat italian food on stand or any left over from the night before.Pee on the ground and pop soda cans. Need the soda to wash down the popcorn and pepperoni. Love pop corn between pepperoni slices. Not joking seiously. I dont drive a truck to the huntin spot but a 84 honda,when I was younger use to take my harley with a little trailer. I watch some of the other hunters. And it takes them 30 minutes just to get all their equipment on there bodies you would think their going to the amazon for 6 months. Kinda funny. Then they walk by me on the way out and scratch their heads while they view my deer. I heard one guy say 2 years ago to his buddy. What in the hay is that crazy old varmit doing we aint??? I reached around and grabbed some pizza and ask if they would like a piece? LOL
Old 09-15-2003, 09:12 AM

How many deer that you believe should have winded you but did not, were questioned to determine that scent containment clothing actually fooled their scenting ability?
Old 09-15-2003, 09:18 AM

Lol Cardeer
Old 09-15-2003, 11:34 AM

I personally say - It helps in my opinion - I use the soap, laundry detergent, deodeant, shampoo - you name it. I also spray my equipment )ALL OF IT) with scent killer, and LIGHTLY spray my clothes, and boots - I then spray Raccoon urine on my boot soles and toes.........

I think if used as part of a scent elimination routine - It cant hurt... and I have been upwind of a deer 15 feet and not busted.
Ill also say - I keep ALL my hunting clothes in large tupperware boxes all year. They have dry oak leaves in the bottom and my clothes never leave them. I change when I get to the woods into my hunting clothes and put my drive clothes in yet another box..........

QUESTION ???????

How many of you guys have washed your suit ?? I have been VERY careful about where I store my suit, when and where I put it on etc..... After about 16 days of wearing it over the last 2 seasons I washed it last night....Its a Scent Blocker Plus suit........

Old 09-15-2003, 01:21 PM

I have been hunting for the last 8 yrs and have never wore a scent suit or any of the scent cover up, and i have never been winded. So save your money, I just hang my clothes out side after i pull them out of storage and let them air out.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Scent Containment Clothing," A Joke" ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.