Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses a Climber? What kind do you use?

Old 09-10-2003, 12:22 PM

Default Who uses a Climber? What kind do you use?

Ok positive thing my hunting land I planned on using for archery has changed to a spot closer to home. I scout this area since I hunt there smoke pole season. No big cause for alarm.

The only problem is permanent stand is not recomended by land owner - spot I would hunt is close to neighbor' s land and said yes hunt it just don' t put a stand in unless I want to take it down before rifle season.

So I need an affordable climber. What do you use? pros and cons? I have a really old climber that is not as safe as I would like. I am thinking something with seat and platform to stand on? Ease of assebling to climb in the am helpful as well. I am looking for some suggestions before heading to Cabela' s new store to look/buy one. Help appreciated.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Who uses a Climber? What kind do you use?

Lone Wolf sit-n-climb here, I love it, but they are probably more than what you want to pay.

For the money, I recommend Summit or Ol Man. Don' t pinch pennies when it comes to something you trust your life in.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:41 PM

I know I' ve heard alot about them being outta business , but I own an API. It' s a wallyworld version of the grand slam called the cable cat. I have hunted for 25 years and have seen and used many stands but am willing to say this is the most comfy and reliable to date .I see in the recent Cabela' s that the same version (with chain instead of cable) is available @149 . IMHO the best stand in that price range. Although I don' t recommend it I' ve been guilty of snoozin in mine and have no worries of falling(I do wear the harness)!!!! Hope this helps
Old 09-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had been using an API Bowhunter climber up until this season. The bankruptcy/going out of business issue though with API had me a little leary about using one of their stands so I picked up a Summit Revolution this past summer. I have only had a few scouting occasions to use it but I have to say that I am pretty darn happy with both the design and its overall ease of application. The cable/cable lock system is as close to idiot-proof as it gets and the stand really is quite stable when you are climbing the tree and after you settle in.

My only real " complaint" , if you could call it that, is that I wish I would have went with one of the new Backpacker models, the Bullet and Broadhead. That new fold-away design makes them much more compact to carry and store.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Another vote for the Lone Wolf![:-]
Old 09-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit! Hands down one of the best climbers on the maket....maybe the best. Rock solid and, like Frank said, nearly idiot proof.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:44 PM

i have a summit and love it. i only use climbers when i really have too
Old 09-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

I also have a Summit and absolutely think it' s the best thing since sliced bread.....love it!
Old 09-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Summit Revolution. Can' t beat it. Idiot proof is very right. I' m an idiot, and I can set it up while blindfolded

No knobs, pins, scews, etc. I like he revolution because of the high weight capacity, and it' s layed back and pretty comfortable for an all day sit. It' s also very quiet while climbing.

Jay
Old 09-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a Summit Viper XLS. Haven' t had an opportunity to try it out yet I had lots of people reccomend it.

Quick Reply: Who uses a Climber? What kind do you use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.