Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lowering bow from stand

Old 09-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lowering bow from stand

Matt, I use the clips for dog chains...several kinds and you can work them with gloves on in real cold weather....

Bowdacious, that' s an excellent idea, more so for retrieving dropped items...lol I hate climbing down....you know...I usually create some make shift hook and use my bow rope to play and retrieve the item. You reminded me of that and I' ll be sure to throw some type of hook in the pack...
Old 09-10-2003, 09:48 PM

I will usuall just use a rope with a rock climbing fastenter and lay the bow on the grond and tote it up and then tote it down. However I kind of like the idea Macdaddy had of attaching the bow to the climber, if you are useing one. If I am paying over $800 for my set up it better be able to handle the elements, if not I did not choose my accesories too well.

Good Luck!
Old 09-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Fork Horn

Been watching too much bow fishing lately and started to think " hey that would be cool" . Get to your tree and shoot one of those arrows about the height your stand is going to be and lock the reel, when you get up to the arrow then you could just drag your bow up. Then it would be simple to retrive your pack just shoot that arrow through it and reel it to your stand.

On second thought it might be kinda tough on your pack after a while.

My bows are a tool i dont abuse them but they are used, and if i never got any wear on them i wouldnt have an excuse to buy a new one every now and then.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use two ways, a rope with the dog chain type clips and a bow sling that lets me sling the bow over my back. Saw the sling on the Outdoor channel, called the 5 in 1 bow sling or something like that. The guy makes them for guns too called the 10 in 1 sling or something like that.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

LMAO

Well I use a cord, rope which ever one I pull out my bag at the time. I would like to not hit the ground, it happens. Now unless I have a personal bow rest that I can drag into the woods and place below me...lol