Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead opinions wanted: Gator XP' s vs. WASP JAkhammer SST vs. Spitfires

Old 09-10-2003, 06:30 PM

Default RE: Broadhead opinions wanted: Gator XP' s vs. WASP JAkhammer SST vs. Spitfires

I have been using the Jak Hammer 100 grain for the past 3 years with some excellent blood trails. I have used the spitfires in the past but had problems with them hitting with my field points.

I have heard a many good things about the Gators as well. I may try some of these as well as the Montec G5.

Good Luck!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Broadhead opinions wanted: Gator XP' s vs. WASP JAkhammer SST vs. Spitfires

Mike,
That was my thought at first to, But the Gator leaves a huge oval entrance hole due to the way the blades open, its much bigger than any other entrance wound I' ve ever seen. And as far as the wound channel, the Cut on contact tip is offset from the blades and acts as a small bleeder blade so you are going to get a nice wound channel especially with the 2" blades.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The gators are a great choice with your setup. I also have 70lbs of KE and I personaly feel confident using any size head on deer size game. Of those three heads you listed my personal favorites are the Gators. The cut on contact tip opens the wound channel up a good deal and helps the head make a " hole" rather than a slit. At the price you can get them at I would say get the gators and keep your meat cutter on speed dial
Old 09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I pretty much had my mind made up, I just needed that extra push.