Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best stand location?

Old 09-09-2003, 02:25 PM

Default Best stand location?

This is where I will be hunting this year. There is a river to the west, cornfields in the middle and a lake to the east. The prevailing winds are from the south and west. My entry point is from the north (where the road comes in)

Old 09-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best stand location?

The narrow funnel between the west side of the fields and the creek look good to me, would be best suited as an afternoon stand though. With a west wind it would be a pretty good setup in my opinion.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2003, 02:36 PM

The narrow funnel looks great, also I like the " tip" of woods thats sticks out into the field in NW quandrant. A lot of times buck will slip to that tip so that they can see the entire field and still stay in the woodline. Also, for S, SW winds I would try the wooded area in the bottow center for afternoon hunts and the top center for morning hunts.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:50 PM

There is about 300 to 400 acres in this shot I believe, it is part of a state park which consists of 3000 acres, several lakes, streams, hardwoods, evergreens and swamps. This seemed to be the best source of food and a somewhat natural funnel. I haven' t scouted the area yet, plan on doing that tomorrow while the kid is at school . I have spent plenty of time in this park but never saw it from the air. I found this shot on terraserver and it looked promising (fingers crossed)

No, I cannot drive this road as it is sorta fenced off and is dirt, but I can walk it. I can also access this area from the east around the southern side of the lake. West I would have to swim
Old 09-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2003, 03:41 PM

This is a little bigger view of the same area

south of the pic is off limits, under penalty of death []
Old 09-09-2003, 04:29 PM

There is also a natural funnel between the two lakes and I could access this area from the north or south. This area is covered in trails which I have ridden on my mountain bike. I usually see deer on the east side of the park, but they are usually does and fawns. The far east and south side of the park is owned and operated by our boys in camo, you can hear automatic weapons and see A-10 Warthogs swooping down for strafing runs on the weekends...[>:]
Old 09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Best stand location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.