Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What time do you guys hunt until in the A.M.?

Old 09-10-2003, 06:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What time do you guys hunt until in the A.M.?

Some of you guys are nuts! You can shoot until 8:00 in the evening around here in early Oct., but some of you have stated you get back into the stand around 2:30, 3:00. Thats a long sit. I have multiples cameras on my property on connecting trails to feeding and bedding areas, and it' s common to catch movement around 2 hours before dark, and in the middle of the day, but the big boys are always very early, and very late.

I guess I should re-phrase the question....What' s the latest you guys have taken mature bucks in the morning, early season only(Mid-sept to early Oct.)? I think I do what a lot of you guys do. I usually sit for around 3 hours after sun-up(I' m in my stand 45min to an hour before), but sometimes I get out earlier if nothing is going on, and sometimes later if for some reason I think I still have a chance at a mature buck. Later in the season-late Oct, to mid-Nov, I' ll stay all day sometimes, if I have a comfortable stand. Basically I' m in the stands at that time as long as my rear-end and back can stand it, usually based on the quality of the stand.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan
Old 09-10-2003, 04:17 PM

I try to stay up until 10:30 - 11:00. Then I go back up around 1:30. I may also relocate at that time.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Dominant Buck

No set time. Depends on the weather, time of year, time of season, where I am etc etc etc. Usually anywhere from 9-12.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early season, warm weather, no deer sightings since 7:30--8:00am means I' ll be getting down around 9-9:30am. Towards the end of October, I' ll add in another hour. By November, it' s all day.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depending on where I am at if deep in the woods I like to stay untill 1030 or so in the early season if closer to a field 930 or 1000 is good. Middle of October on through the end of november I like to stay as long as possible. I try to have every thing done at home so I can stay out all day.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Since NorthJeff rephrased the question, I' ll respond. I have shot an 11 pointer at 5:00 PM (dark at 8:15 PM) on a full moon and 95 degrees outside. I must admit that when I see mature bucks move in early season, it' s usually early afternoon. I see mostly does and small bucks in late morning early season, but hey, does are legal, too.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

No set time. Depends on the weather, time of year, time of season, where I am etc etc etc. Usually anywhere from 9-12.
I am like David, early season I may come off my morning stand and still hunt/scout in some places I hunt until it is time to sit in the afternoon. There is one stand I will be hunting this year that I will sit it all day as long as the wind is right, major trail, river at my back, tons of trails coming off of 3 different fields and a WMA across the river from me that when the deer get pushed to hard will happily swim/wade the river to me.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Ah!

I really have no set time, but factors to play a major part.., wind, temp and location.

And Um.. Taz that sounds like my back yard..lol
Old 09-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt until around 12:00 noon, go back to camp and eat and
I am normally back in the stand around 3:00.

Quick Reply: What time do you guys hunt until in the A.M.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.